Support

Open search

S9+ no copy text in Message app?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,
On my S8 when viewing the text messages received I could do a long press on the message and copy the text and paste in into another app, on my new S9+ it does not give me that option! only to delete it or view the message details.
Does anyone no of a workaround?

Thanks

Paul.

7 REPLIES 7
Apprentice

Just tested mine and seems to still give all the usual options.

I did have other issues with texting etc though. It turned out to be the language packs not being downloaded to the new phones. Try the below and see if that sorts it.

"For some reason the phone will not have downloaded any language packs.  Not even the native one for your phone. 

You will need to go in to your language settings and download your language pack. This will solve your issue. 

Settings>General management>Language and input>On screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard>Language and types>manage input languages>press the blue arrow to download language."

Apprentice

Thanks for the reply,
Checked the language packs and they are present and set for the UK
I updated them but the issue has not been resolved.

First Poster
Worked for me, thank you.
First Poster

Same problem for me S+ (india)

Apprentice

i have the same issue, can't copy sms message nor part of it... very anoying.

Apprentice

Hi,

With the latest update from Samsung the copy and paste function now works for me!

Paul.

I am new user of S9+, just come from Iphone, I am not all happy on S9+ various function compared with Iphone. One of the issue is copy function. I am able to copy any selected text from anywhere and paste that partial portion. But S9+ is ridiculous. I can copy the whats app message with copy icon at the top but once you go to search the person and try to paste, it vanished. It's totally stupid. I found the alternative that, just copy and paste in to the search column and again select all and cut/copy agin then it will copied into clip board and search the person in whatspp to where i need to paste the partial copied text. But here the test format changed and space and vanished...Not at all happy with S9+..

Top Liked Authors