Support

Open search

S9 clear view not working

Highlighted
Sorry that should be *#0*#
Highlighted

Sorry again, turned out I was wrong :-( .

Calibrating the compass doesn't help.

But rebooting while being connected to the USB charger does. I'll keep trying to solve this mystery :-) .

Highlighted

Okay, so this morning after starting the phone up I gave it time with the cover closed to go into standby before opening the cover and unlocking the sim-card, closed the cover, it worked.

Same for unlocking the phone.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I can't believe that this is still happening.  I had an update to apply today and mine has stopped working again.  I have usually managed to remedy it but it ain't working now.  It's so frustrating.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Fantastic!  It has worked for me too.  It seems as though Samsung haven't done anything with this problem as it affected my phone today 22.10.19 after the latest software update.  Very frustrating.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted

Yep, I can confirm that. After the october-update this workaround did only work sporadically.

@samsung : could you please take this up ? And give it a bit of Priority, please !

Highlighted

Samsung
  •  

Erica / Session ID: 22511775
    • Welcome to Samsung Support. Please allow me a moment to read through your enquiry.

05:49

• Hi Rolf! This is Erica from Samsung Chat Support. I hope you're doing well.

6:51

• Fine, Thanks. You're well too, I hope

6:52

• Good to know you're doing fine Rolf. I'm fine as well, thank you for asking and you're welcome.

6:53

• Could you please tell me more your query? So that I can fully understand.

6:55

• You know the Clear View Stading Cover ? How the S9 is supposed to behave when the cover is opened or closed ?

6:56

• Thank you for letting me know that Rolf.

6:58

• That was a question. Could you please answer it ?

6:58

• Would you mind if I check my resources for any information to answer your query? I should be back in two minutes with an answer for you shortly.

6:59

• Okay, fine.

6:59

• Thank you Rolf.

7:00

• I’ll just capture some details so I can assist you. If you have any questions about how we Samsung Electronics UK Limited, use your personal information you can find out more at www.samsung.com/uk/info/privacy. Just so you’re aware, this may include using your personal data to ...

7:00

• Thank you for waiting Rolf.

7:02

• At this moment, what we need to do is to soft reset your device. Soft reset just means rebooting your phone. It is perfect for cases where the phone has frozen and/or when the phone will not power off or reboot the normal way. To do a soft reset, please follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button and volume down button for about 10 seconds.

• Please : have a look at my posts. I don't need you to solve this issue right now - you'll have to involve technical staff. I have already rebooted the device several times, just now it't working. The problem is that it doesn't always work correctly after reboot.

7:04

• So what we've got is a problem, not an incident

7:04

• And, please ( no offence meant ) : if you're a bot, could you connect me to a human ?

7:05

• I am sorry if you feel that way, I can assure you that I am 100% human. In this case, what we highly suggest is to visit the nearest Samsung Support Centre in your area so that our skilled engineers will be able to physically check and inspect your device. I can definitely provide their best information by providing me your post code. May I know your post code please?

7:06

• And nobody expects you to solve this - just to make this known inside samsung and get them to test, analyze and solve the issue

7:09

• Alright Rof. Please bear with me. I will check the link.

7:09

• As to the device hardware : the openig and closing of the cover is detected by the hall sensor. This can be tested using the sensor test functionality ( *#0*# ). The sensor works. Has been tested by multiple users.

7:11

• Thank you for waiting Rolf. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you are experiencing right now. You don't have to worry, what I can definitely do for you is I will be able to raise your concern to our higher department so that they will know this kind of issue.

7:12

• I will ensure that your comments are passed to the relevant team within Samsung so we can address any areas for improvement. I hope that you'll have a better Samsung experience next time. Again, I do apologise for the whole experience.

• Than you very much ! And have a nice day !

• Alternatively, here at Samsung, we take customer feedback very seriously and we will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the appropriate team for further analysis.

Samsung Support Representative is typing a message…

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

Highlighted

• To send software feedback straight to our developers, please use the Samsung Members application. If it's not built in on your device, you may download it from Google Playstore. To be able to send feedback on Samsung Members, please open the application, select Support and tap on Send Feedback. This will allow you to ask a question or send an error report.

7:13

•  

Highlighted

OK, so I've sent an error report via Samsung Members. I'll keep you informed.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thank you.  I don't know how you kept so calm!

Top Liked Authors