Highlighted
First Poster

Great! It's working for me too Thanks!

Highlighted
Apprentice
That's May update?
Highlighted
Apprentice

I give up, no matter if it's an update or just after a normal charge, it comes and it goes fom time to time, I'm clueless. 

Highlighted
First Poster

According to my observations, it could have something to  do with connecting/disconnecting the charger based in which state the cover and phone currently is (display switched on/off, cover opened/closed). I always make sure to connect the charger when the display is switched off and the cover is closed. And my resetting advice, mentioned above, works only after the phone has been charged at least once after losing the cover recognition after a system update for example.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Jalt, you're a genius! I've had the latest system update today, 31th July 2019, and afterward the problem came back, I've did everything that passed my mind, nothing worked.

Restarting the phone with the charger on did it! Many thanks.

By the way, it worked instantly, without charging the phone at least once after losing the cover recognition after system update. 

Highlighted
First Poster

GOD BLESS YOU MATE!!!!

It definetly worked for me. Thanks again!

Highlighted

This worked for me

Highlighted

Yes, similar with me. Some time after reboot it stops working. Parting S9 and Clear View, wiping and reassembling helps

Highlighted

Found the root cause in a German forum : the cover works with an embedded magnet in its front, this is recognized by the magnetic sensors, and these have to be recalibrated after a reboot. Removing the s9 from the cover and reinstating  also changes the magnetic fields, therefore that sometimes helps.

If you dial *#0*" then you enter the hardware test. "Hall" let's you test the cover, with "Sensor" and then some movements along the 3 axis in space  you can recalibrate the magnetic sensors.

Top Liked Authors