Support

Open search

S9 clear view not working

Highlighted
Apprentice
I have had this problem on and off for about a month. I have tried all the solutions posted here but the one that works for me is to take off the cover and clean it and the phone with a wet wipe then dry it. Put the cover back on and it works for me. I have done this twice now and it's worked. Hope it helps.
Highlighted
First Poster

Any updates on this issue? I used a clear flip cover for several months before switching to a different cover. In the meantime (early March) I received an update to Android 9. Yesterday, I put the flip cover back on and now it doesn't work! Why would Samsung send an update that doesn't support their very expensive flip cover???

Highlighted
Apprentice

Nothing has worked for me since the upgrade, the cover simple doesn't work when opening or closing and had problems with the alarm. Samsung didn't factor their supporting products when the change was made. I've been told by local Samsung support that we just need to wait till the next upgrade but who knows when that will be. Very FRUSTRATING!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks but it didn't work for me. Annoying :(

Highlighted

here's what just worked for me.

(always on display forced stop - don't know if that is important)
settings nfc off
turn s9plus off
take phone out of cover
turn s9plus on
settings nfc on
put phone back in cover
clearview screen off now works
settings nfc off
clearview screen off still works

still frustrating and absolutely unacceptable that you have to do this everytime the phone updated of power is (accidentally) turned off. 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Not work on my s9.
Does anybody from Samsung read this forum? I'm received two updates since my phone is on pie and nothing.... clear view cover not work... two month...
Highlighted
First Poster

Thank you PappaPeterPils for the suggestion, but that did not work on my S9+. I recently received an Android update, maybe 3 or 4 days ago, but that did not solve my problem. :-( 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Didn't work for me either and Samsung support are completely clueless.

Haven't tried the latest update as I'm thinking of reverting back to the old OS until the clear cover issue has been resolved.

Very annoying!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Don't do restart, just power off then power on.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hi, have tried but what would grease have to do with it. It stopped working with the OS pie upgrade 😕.
Top Liked Authors