Support

Open search

S9 clear view not working

Highlighted
Apprentice

Resetting the settings to default seemed to work at first but same problem is occurring.  The main problem I am having is the proximity sensor didn't work when the cover was closed causing a lot of calls being disconnected due to caller screen not turning off when close to the phone so the hangup button would get touched.   Same problem when I tried the cover on a friend's S9. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem post upgrade. Have tried all suggestions but the latest upgrade is a massive fail! 

Highlighted
Apprentice

It wouldn't surprise me if no one at Samsung even thought to test the clear view case when they went through testing of Android Pie on S9.    I did chat with Samsung tech support and we tried Safe Mode, etc; none of which worked.  The tech person finally just said bring the phone in to a service center (30+ miles away).  The phone is fine without the cover so I'm not wasting my time but hope they fix it soon.  

Highlighted
Apprentice
Frustrating, same issue for me.
Highlighted
First Poster
Thanks!!! This worked! 🤗
Highlighted
Apprentice
What that?
Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks!!! That worked!!! 

Highlighted
First Poster
Lokithecat's suggestion worked.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Not to me....
Highlighted
Apprentice

Didn't work for me either. Raised it with Samsung who admitted it was an OS upgrade issue.. In fact there are quite a few issues with the pie upgrade. Who knows when the next update will be. So disappointed and discovering new glitches everyday! 

Top Liked Authors