Support

Open search

S9+ call volume low

First Poster

Hi suddenly my call volume is very low and can hardly hear the other person. Works fine on bluetooth.

11 REPLIES 11
Apprentice
Clean top speaker with a soft toothbrush mine did the same
First Poster

I took mine back to carphonewarehouse and they run a diagnostics test and there is a problem with the speaker, so I need to send the phone back to be fixed/replaced 😥

Apprentice

O2 said exactly the same thing to me but I was working round the corner from repair centre and the guy started chuckling as so many people have had the same issue and all it took was a little brush over to fix it 

@Carolebryant wrote:

O2 said exactly the same thing to me but I was working round the corner from repair centre and the guy started chuckling as so many people have had the same issue and all it took was a little brush over to fix it 

I feel so silly. I had the same problem and was convinced there was a hardware issue after troubleshooting all the software but figured I would try cleaning with a toothbrush before heading to repair center. And what do you know, it fixed the problem immediately. Go figure.

Did you clean your speaker with a toothbrush first??

@Sue78 wrote:

Hi suddenly my call volume is very low and can hardly hear the other person. Works fine on bluetooth.

Clean your speaker with a wet toothbrush and wipe clean and dry with a towel. I had the same problem and that simple thing fixed it immediately!

Clean your speaker with a wet toothbrush and wipe clean and dry with a towel. I had the same problem and that simple thing fixed it immediately!
Apprentice
Wouldnt use a wet toothbrush
Observer

Happened to me, clean the front speak with a dry toothbrush. Its make up or just grind build up. 

Top Liked Authors