Support

Open search

S9+ call volume low

Apprentice

Make sure the factory screen protector is taken off, and that an aftermarket screenprotector does not cover the notch at the top, as that's where the speaker is.

Apprentice

Hi, please explain what you mean about the backup. I can barely hear without earphones and there's no screen protector covering the speaker

Apprentice
Please explain what about the backup. I can hardly hear anyanything. What should I do?
Apprentice

I didn't post the reply about the backup issue.

First Poster

I cleaned the front speaker with fresh water, using a damp cloth. Blow it dry and good as new. Give it a go

Apprentice

When you get a new phone or wipe your phone, do not re-install your apps from your backup. Contacts would be the only thing I would do. Download everything fresh from the Play store. Seems my girlfriends backup was corrupt.

Highlighted
Apprentice
@ Regina7
Wipe your phone, as if it is new and you just got it. Then install everything from the play store. "Do Not" use your backup, except contacts. Although it may be to late now.
TMO replaced 3 phones because of this issue.
Apprentice
Thank u
Apprentice

Before wiping my phone, I took a straight pin and carefully but thoroughly cleaned the speaker. I'd tried cleaning it before with a cloth as suggested in this thread to no avail.  After trying this second method, I can hear perfectly.  Glad I tried it

Apprentice
I hope this helps someone else
Top Liked Authors