Support

Open search

S9 and Led Cover. Cover is not working after Android Pie Update

Apprentice

Hi Guyz,

I got the same issue till yesterday. I followed the below suggestion given on internet on various forums including this one too:

1. Take out your S9 out of cover(keep it detached for sometime like 1 minute).

2. Run all updates from PlayStore ( I got an ARCore update as well, not sure if this helped to fix the issue as well)

3. Power off your S9 for atleast 10 seconds and boot again.

4. Attach your Clear case cover to your S9. It should work now, if still not, restart your phone again and it should definitely work by now, like my phone did as well.

Good Luck and Cheers!

Deepak

Explorer

Sadly that didnt work for me, Deepak.

I followed all your steps. To be 100% sure i reinstalled Arcore as it was already updated, but no result. 

So i hope Samsung will come really soon with a better solution cause it is affecting most S9 but now also most S8 users with a LED cover.

Apprentice

That's disappointing... Are you sure you have turned on Always on Display ON in "Advanced Features" ?

Explorer
Yes, that setting is on.
BruceH Moderator

I've forwarded your messages, but it is kind of odd that it works for some of you with the suggestion from @ilivestrong

---------
Signature-S10
"It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice."
Explorer
Thx for forwarding it.
Might it be possible that there is a difference in the version per region and explains why it works for some but not for all?
First Poster

Thanks, but it did not work for me...

BruceH Moderator

That could be, the developers should see that in the log files.

---------
Signature-S10
Explorer
If i know where and how ,i can share my logs as well. Anything that could speed up the fix is welcome i would say.
BruceH Moderator

'In order to be able to determine the cause of the problem and to fix it, the users must report an error via Samsung Member (app) with log files attached, and ensure that they provide a detailed description of the problem encountered, as well as the information that the Led Icon Editor is activated.'

---------
Signature-S10
Top Posters