Support

Open search

S9 and Led Cover. Cover is not working after Android Pie Update

Explorer

After getting the Android Pie Update for my S9, the Led Cover stopped working.

I tried to stop the Led Cover service, deleted cache data, data, but nothing worked.

Does anyone of you experienced the same issue? Does anyone of you know how to fix it?

Note: I've tried the same case in other S9 that are still running the previous os version and it works flawlessly.

Best regards,

Guillermo

123 ANTWOORDEN 123
BruceH Moderator

Hi @Guillermo1983,

I suggest that you send logfiles through our Samsung Members app, when our developers find that there are more people affected by this update they can start looking for an solution. 

---------
Signature-Note10
"It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice."

It happened to me last week once I updated my S9+ to Android Pie. I've checked the same thing but didn't work. 

Highlighted
BruceH Moderator

I've forwarded this to our R&D team. If you could send the logfiles through Samsung Members in the meantime, it would help a lot!

---------
Signature-Note10
First Poster
I have the same issue. The LED cover was working perfectly until I did the update today. It does not react to anything anymore. I haver tried rebooting in many different ways: with NFC on or off, in safe mode, with the cover on or with the cover off, but nothing helps. Do you have a working solution? And how exactly can I send log files?
BruceH Moderator

Please find below the answer that I've received from DEV team concerning this issue:

Issue because user's phone not turn ON Notification Access for LED icon Editor.

Turn ON Notification Access follow guide under:
Settings > Search > search "Notification access" > Select "Special access" > Select "Notification access" > Turn ON for "LED icon Editor.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

---------
Signature-Note10
Explorer

Hi Bruce!

Thanks for your help. It didn't work because, in my case, that notification was already turned on.

Regards,

Guillermo

First Poster

Same for me, notification access was already on for the LED icon Editor. I have turned it off and on again, but it did not make a difference.

BruceH Moderator

That's a bummer. I'll let the developers know! 

---------
Signature-Note10
First Poster

Any update on this? I am having the same issue...

Top Posters