Support

Open search

S9+ Wifi turns off after screen locks and does not want to turn on again

First Poster

Hey! I have a big problem! I bought brand new Galaxy S9+ before 3 days. Everything was ok the first 10 minutes, after that my software updated and everything went wrong...When I turn on my Wifi, it lasted only 2 minues, till my screen locks.After that I cant even turn Wifi on. I must reboot my phone to turn it on. I cleaned the partitions, reseted my network settings, disabled wifi sleep mode,I even did a factory reset - the result is always the same. The moment my screen locks, Wifi turns off. When i click the wifi button, it shows a sircle that my phone is trying to turn it on, but after 15 seconds it turns off again. I dont have problems with 4g, only with Wifi. When I am using an app (Messanger, Viber, Chrome etc.) Wifi stays stable, but only then. It is so frustrating...I rebooted my router, tried to reconnect my S9+ via Wifi direkt to my other phone- again lasted 2 minutes. I cant use Wifi :( Does anyone have the same problem or a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @MartyG

To troubleshoot your issue I recommend going to Settings > Connections > WiFi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Advanced > Keep WiFi On During Sleep > Always. Does the problem persist after following these steps?
First Poster

Yes, I did this, but the problem still ocures. 

ChrisM Moderator

When did you buy your phone @MartyG? Are you still within the 30 day returns policy?

First Poster

I bough it before 3 days.  I have 2 years warranty, i can return it, but I hoped to be just a bug after the update :(

I'm having the same problem.  I've heard it's a knox/security feature but after a factory reset its still turning off  but I'm able to reconnect.  Wishing for a fix soon. I've had mine for awhile and the problem started around February I think. 

First Poster

No, it is a defect chip. I was at Samsung store and they told me to leave my phone for repair. The next day they gave me a new one. It is not fixable. 

Top Liked Authors