Since June I was using Android Auto with my new S9 without any issues, but after August update, everytime I connect it to my Ford Sync 3, the usb ports stop working, it even stops charging it... My wife's phone (Samsung J5 Pro) works great, iPhone X, also works great and several other phones work great, except mine... new S9.
Already resetted Ford's Sync 3, but still doesn't work, I even took the car to Ford's assistance and the problem is not the car it's the phone. So I did a Factory Reset, and still no luck, only this phone make the usb ports stop working.
I'm going crazy trying to figure this out...
Can please someone give some input? And/or ideas for me to try out?
Best Regards to all
Already tried with three different cables (even bought a new one just to test), and same problem.
Unfortunately I didn't had a chance to try in another car stereo, since I've no colleagues or friends that have car stereos with USB that supports Android Auto (basically they only have old cars ), hopefully on monday I'll go to Ford assistance again, and I'll have the chance to try in another model.
I have simmilar issue. Phone will keep trying to connect to my car infotainment system with no result, keeping to ask the same permissions all over again. Tryied with Mazda 3 sedan and it worked smooth. I have SEAT Alhambra.
I still have problems sometimes, but it dimished almost 90% after I disabled several samsung applications, like messages (using google messages now), and several other samsung bloatware...
Try to do the same, to see if it help (always do a backup first before starting disabling proprietary apps!)
Best Regards to all
I tried to disable Samsung applications one by one, but without positive result. Only thing is that Android auto stopped working as it claims the Google Play service is not available... :-(( "Something went wrong: Google Play services doesnt seem to be working right now."
Ok. This may help someone. The Samsung help desk got me thru , but failed at the end.
anyway. dial *#0808# . That gave me a list of USB connections . I marked the first one. (MTB +ADB ) then pressed OK. Problem is / was that it didn't keep the setting , even after I pressed OK.
Samsung wanted me to factory reset which I didn't want to do . WOld prefer to use old phone in car,
Did it again and pressed reboot. That worked. Android Auto worked again with the S9.
However I now see that the box is unticked again , perhaps coz I dialled *# 08 etc again.
Will reboot and hope for best.