Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 USB can't charge/can't connect

(Topic created on: 18-06-2019 02:28 AM)
EE954
Apprentice
Options

All of a sudden, I can't charge via USB.  I see "charging connected device via usb" notification even with no USB cable connected. When connected to a windows laptop, I get a message "USB device not recognized.  The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.".  Help.Screenshot_20190408-080731_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20190408-081239_Settings.jpgwindows_error.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I assume you've tried different data cables @EE954  ?

Can you try a different computer to help rule out if it's the computer alone rejecting the phone ?

Will the phone charge using its charger ?

Will it charge using a wireless charging pad ?

Using a torch look into the phones charging port to see if any debris is in there. 

Ultimately a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ChrisW
Pioneer
Options
Unfortunately it sounds like either your socket or the main board is faulty if you've tried other cables and the port is free of debris.

Crucial to check with another USB cable before declaring it a hardware fault, as the cable may have broken down internally and may be either shorted or completely broken inside despite appearing ok externally.
EE954
Apprentice
Options
Haven't tried connecting to a diff computer. Wireless charging works though. I was hoping it could be a sodtware setup thing. But i guess it could be a physical port damage. Thanks!
0 Likes
EE954
Apprentice
Options
Tried several previously used working cables, nada. Could really be hardware now. Thanks!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It then would be beneficial to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for them to run a diagnostic test.

Assuming it's not been dropped or had water into it.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
nic0rem0
First Poster
Options

I had this problem also, and tried everithing i found online and nothing worked. I changed cables (had 3 different samsung cables), finally i tried an Ancor cable and that did the trick, That´s what worked for me, hope it works for you

0 Likes
Sushant_OCV
Journeyman
Options

Let me share an graphics here.

Fix USB Device Not Recognized Error Info-Graphics

Hope this helps.

Graphics Credits: Hows.Tech

0 Likes
EE954
Apprentice
Options

Hi! What's an Ancor cable? Im not sure if i can find that here in Manila. Will try though. Thanks!!

0 Likes
EE954
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for info! Will try this!

0 Likes