Support

Open search

S9 Top Speaker Quiet or is it?

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello there,

I got my s9 back in September but I'm unsure if this is normal, my top speaker is quiet during phone calls requiring me to turn on extra volume despite my call volume being maxed. Also on YouTube I can't hear any sound coming from the top speaker when I thought it had stereo sound, I can only hear something if I cover cover the bottom speaker but it is awfully quiet.

Thanks in advance, 

Cory 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Took my phone to a service centre, apparently the speaker grill itself just needed clearing out so they strached the debris our of it and now it works,

Thanks for your support. 

13 REPLIES 13
CarlH Moderator

Hi @Virtruvious. Can you perform a Soft Reset? This doesn't delete anything from your phone, it fixes any minor issues that may be occurring. To do this, hold the 'Power' button and the 'Volume Down' button and your phone will restart. Let me know if this fixes the issue. 

Apprentice

Hi Carl,

Just tried it and it restarted my phone but the problem still persists and didn't fix it. 

Thanks again,

Cory

CarlH Moderator

Thanks for trying that, @Virtruvious. Was this phone repaired for the same reason or was it something else? 

Apprentice

Never been repaired, it came out of the box like this. Only noticed it when I looked at my friends S9+ where the top speaker was noticably louder during calls and in watching YouTube.

CarlH Moderator

Ah sorry, I mis-read your original post and thought you said "got it back". 

Can you try this?

1. From the phone dialler, enter *#0283#.
2. Select Start : SPK_2ndMic.

Say a few words as if you were on a call. What's the quality of the playback like?

Apprentice

Just tried it,
SPK Packet Loopback plays what I say back through the main speaker nice and clearly.
EAR Packet Loopback I can't hear anything at all through any speaker.

CarlH Moderator

Might be worth getting your phone inspected by an engineer, @Virtruvious. This link will direct you to the closest in your area.

Apprentice

Will do, 
Thanks for your help.

CarlH Moderator

No probs. If there isn't one near you, send me a PM and I can arrange a courier to collect your phone and take it to a Service Centre. 

Top Liked Authors