Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Observer

PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU GIVE US BACK OUR CONTACT TEXT TONE FEATURE IT IS A VERY HELPFUL FEATURE I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID AWAY WITH IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE IT BACK!!

First Poster

Um yes . I just moved from LG G5 to S9 and I was surprised to see no custom text tones for contacts ... Only vibration patterns.. I need to be able to differentiate business or family texts from friends and groups... Ill be constantly checking my phone ... Seems like they must have forgotten this.  Surely can't be intentional. 

Apprentice
Samsung this is not going away. We want the software feature back ASAP. Notice I said software meaning that we know you can fix it.
First Poster

Come on Samsung - since when did REMOVING a feature that no one was ever obligated to use if they didn't want to make sense?!?!?  Ridiculous - these are the reasons you can never become the Apple you wanna be!

First Poster

Same here, upgraded to the s9+ from the s7 edge  I can't believe you can't change the notification sound for different apps. This is totally crazy. 

Explorer

I guess I will jump on the hate train for this also.

Just upgraded to a S9 from a S6 Edge+ after almost 3 years and I cant believe that the ability to assign custom notifications to a contact is gone!!! That should be a basic feature in all phones at this point, so there is no excuse to not have it.

Samsung please include this feature in the next update!!

Really p*****d now since my ear is trained to know who is contacting me by their tone.

First Poster

Any update on this please Samsung???  For crying out loud please get it fixed

Apprentice

Wow, how sad. I could have kept my S8. The camera is nice and the speakers sound good, but I really can't believe we are unable to assign personalized text tones. And can you change the sound for other apps' notifications? This is asinine.

Also why can't you change the backgrounds on text app.

I do not like 3rd party apps. This is really stupid.

Observer
I agree. No 3rd parties when it has already been a part of the Galaxy family. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to add back in. PLEASE!!!
Apprentice

COME ON SAMSUNG! RESPOND!

Have you learned nothing yet through the years about listening to the customers? I work in technology and this is what? 5 lines of code! 

BRING IT BACK! 

It should never had been removed in the first place.

Top Liked Authors