Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Just Browsing

Sgs9 no notification sound. What a shame. It looks like Samsung turn into moneymaker release new smartphone with *****ty software.

First Poster

Spin 360 I was using textra until I saw that message about history removal  after 1 month. 

I will try mood messenger and look at the back up setting on the samsung. Shame we have to jump through all these hoops to get something that should be standard. Thanks for responding Spin 360. 

First Poster

As of 2 updates ago, my s8 also lost the ability to have separate message tones for everyone and everything. I'm extremely unhappy about this. I have yet to get it figured out. I don't understand why they'd take it away just because a few people didn't use/care for it-leaving the option for others(like us)  to make their own decision would have been nice. 

Explorer

@nitras70wrote:

As of 2 updates ago, my s8 also lost the ability to have separate message tones for everyone and everything. I'm extremely unhappy about this. I have yet to get it figured out. I don't understand why they'd take it away just because a few people didn't use/care for it-leaving the option for others(like us)  to make their own decision would have been nice. 

Samsung products have lost their favor with me. I'll be looking at other options next time. Not just with phones, but household appliances too.

They have been my preference for many years. But,  they've lost me now.

Apprentice

@CarlHwrote:

Thanks for making us aware of this. We're also unable to find the background options for messages as well as individual tones to specific contacts in the menu. We've flagged this with our software experts to see whats going on (has it moved or simply been removed altogether). We'll let you know as soon as we can!

Any update on this????

Another software update this morning and still no text tone feature or background feature.

Looking more and more at leaving Samsung

Community Manager

Thank you for getting in touch. Your feedback is really important to us and helps us drive improvements in our products. We can confirm that the ability to customise text tones to a specific contact is no longer available in the native Message application on our devices running Oreo. This has been a design change in this version of Samsung Experience 9.0 (aka Samsung's release of Oreo). 

We can see from this thread how important this is to you to make the most out of the Samsung in your life and have passed this suggestion on as an improvement to this new iteration of the operating system. 

In the meantime, as a number of people have mentioned on this thread, there are a multitude of alternative third-party Messaging apps that can facilitate this functionality available on the Play Store. A few that I have tried out myself include Android Messages, Textra and QKSMS. 

- Sachiko - 

Explorer

@SachikoTwrote:

Thank you for getting in touch. Your feedback is really important to us and helps us drive improvements in our products. We can confirm that the ability to customise text tones to a specific contact is no longer available in the native Message application on our devices running Oreo. This has been a design change in this version of Samsung Experience 9.0 (aka Samsung's release of Oreo). 

We can see from this thread how important this is to you to make the most out of the Samsung in your life and have passed this suggestion on as an improvement to this new iteration of the operating system. 

In the meantime, as a number of people have mentioned on this thread, there are a multitude of alternative third-party Messaging apps that can facilitate this functionality available on the Play Store. A few that I have tried out myself include Android Messages, Textra and QKSMS. 

- Sachiko - 

I appreciate the response. However, I have no interest in using a third party. For the cost of the phone, it should have the basic standard features. Rather than utilizing a third party, i will be moving away from Samsung and investing in a phone that has the basics included. 

Explorer
Ditto! A very important basic function for people that received tons of text messages! A third party app recommendation is ridiculous!
First Poster

I agree.  Im tired of the 3rd party apps.  it seems like that is the solution for everything.  I have to use mighty text to get my text from samsung s9+ to samsung tablet.  I have enough apps.  I dont want anymore

Explorer

@Gietltwrote:

I agree.  Im tired of the 3rd party apps.  it seems like that is the solution for everything.  I have to use mighty text to get my text from samsung s9+ to samsung tablet.  I have enough apps.  I dont want anymore

Samsung has been my go to until now. It was a phone I could use for professional purposes, as well as personal. Much of this was made possible by way of being able to customize in a way that I could differentiate between the two without missing a beat. It's no longer that way. It seems Samsung is not interested in the professional users any longer. Focus is clearly on personal,  and for the very young. 

Given that I need and want to only carry one phone for both purposes and Samsung no longer make that possible, I am looking into other phones. 

Top Liked Authors