Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Apprentice

Yes customizing text tones for individual contacts WAS SUPER IMPORTANT FOR ME NOW I CAN NOT TELL WHO IS TEXTING OR IF IT IS A EMAIL NOTIFICATION I HAVE TO ADMIT WHOEVER CREATED A NEW SOFTWARE FOR SAMSUNG S9 REALLY SCREWED UP 

Explorer
EVERYONE needs to email Officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com I did and they called me back twice times and said there wasnt enough complaints about it even said it was our carriers who caused the issue ...if more or more people email them maybe they will take note.
First Poster
THIS IS RESOLVED IN THE LATEST S9 ANDROID PIE UPDATE. YOU CAN ONCE AGAIN HAVE A SPECIFIC NOTIFICATION TONE FOR TEXTS FROM A SPECIFIC CONTACT!
Explorer

First, I don't buy it. Second, I had it on my S7 and it is gone. So, an S9 update will do me no good unless I go but a new fricken' phone. That makes it plain old marketing bull*****.

Explorer
LIES ...I have the new pie update and that is not the case ..so dont by into the hype the pi update looks cool but that's it
Explorer

When I installed the PIE update on my S9 last week I checked to see if the ability to set ringtones for messages had reappeared in the Contacts app and, at least for me, it has NOT. (My carrier is Sprint, if that matters.)

For me at least, the fact that I can set a tone per conversation in Messages works well enough since I don't delete conversations with people that I want separate tones for and I don't use group conversations (hate them).

Explorer
Yes I have sprint as well and the pi update installed on 1/29 and when you edit a contact in contacts it's not there just the ringtone one ...and I delete all my message I am OCD I cant stand my mailbox full lol 🤷‍♀️
First Poster
It must be carrier based as I bought my phone from Samsung , have a Three UK SIM and I can allocate individual sounds to contacts.
Explorer

@Npah3 wrote:
It must be carrier based as I bought my phone from Samsung , have a Three UK SIM and I can allocate individual sounds to contacts.

I have an 8+, 2 as a matter of fact. All these updates,  all the promises and I still have a phone that doesn't do what it did when I first bought it.  I hope Samsung continues to lose market share.  They lied to me. They continue to lie. No more Samsung products in this house. 

Explorer
So under contacts you have ringtones, vibration and text tones for people and it's actually under contacts? I hope it's back on the S10 and I miss the round bubble circle thing at the top for favorites too.
Top Liked Authors