Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Explorer

Your text messages may be backed up in cloud storage somewhere and should be retrievable. Personally I disabled all cloud storage and expanded my phones memory. Samsung have created a 'work around' for individual message alerts (my initial issue) where you have to customise by conversation and not the contact. Not the case with ringtones., individual ringtones are easy. Why cant they just do the same with text ! However I still switch between Textra and Samsung. I have not lost any text messages from either. I hoping Samsung will give those of us that cant upgrage regularly what we have been asking for for quite some time now, or maybe they are concentrating on new tech and new phones...There is an Samsung software update (UK Oct '18) waiting for me to install, I always wait to see what issues these create before going ahead...fg

Explorer

i have the update and its justca security one no fix for the sms app 

Samsung Note users that came from the old Note have seem  stuff removed as well.

i hate apps that have adds textra is one of them

so Samsung when are you going to fix this Samsung

Explorer

Thanks for the info on the Samsung update 🙂 ...I was impressed with Textra and frustrated with Samsung so I paid for Textra to removed the ads

First Poster

does textra allow contact specific notification tone or just thread specific notification tone?

Explorer

You can customise Textra to individual contacts, allowing you to know who has sent you a text without looking

First Poster

Yet another update and still waiting for this feature to be placed back in contacts? Please explain why it is taking so long to add it back? For all of those that have found work arounds I am truly happy for you, but what about those of us who don't want to add additional apps to their phones and give other companies/individuals access to tjeir personal and business text messages. Privacy in this day and age is hard to keep, yet I do not want to be the one to turn mine over willy nilly. In the future, I would suggest you all send a survey before you remove features from devices. Had I known this feature would be removed I would have never bought this phone. Please provide an update on when you will be adding this feature back, and "soon" is no longer an acceptable response. It has been way too long since your last "soon".

Explorer

20181025_055903.jpg

Mine is back! 

Explorer

Interesting. Where in the world are you and can you put on your software version please?

Explorer

Is that in yopur contacts where it's back doesn't look like it? We should see ringtone vibration pattern and notification all 3.

Explorer

@ITGreen wrote:

Yet another update and still waiting for this feature to be placed back in contacts? Please explain why it is taking so long to add it back? For all of those that have found work arounds I am truly happy for you, but what about those of us who don't want to add additional apps to their phones and give other companies/individuals access to tjeir personal and business text messages. Privacy in this day and age is hard to keep, yet I do not want to be the one to turn mine over willy nilly. In the future, I would suggest you all send a survey before you remove features from devices. Had I known this feature would be removed I would have never bought this phone. Please provide an update on when you will be adding this feature back, and "soon" is no longer an acceptable response. It has been way too long since your last "soon".

I completely agree!

Top Liked Authors