Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Explorer

Well I don't think you need to be upset about it, lol 

It's just a phone.  Or don't delete message threads until Samsung send out a more perm. solution for your liking.  

Apprentice
But why mess with your device to put the onus on the user to fix it. I'll tell you what, YOU pay to collect, fix and return my s9+. How's that????? And you can fix the thing that logs me randomly out my samsung account so many times I'm running out of passwords to use. Finger scanner moved to a ridiculous position. So, the original question......are YOU fixing my phone at your cost or do I have to use MY valuable time??
Explorer

lol, seems you have more problems than just your phone.  Call corporate if you're that upset about it. I'm sure you knew they moved the finger scanner before buying the new s9+..

If anything, move back to the s8+, I'm sure if you call corp or your carrier, they can transfer you back.

Explorer

I believe he,  as we all did, have every right to be upset at this.  We bought a phone,  an EXPENSIVE, phone, based on features on that phone.  Then,  rather than make the existing product better,  they made it much worse.  They also crashed the prices after the S9 failed to generate expected sales.  Samsung has promised for 3 months to fix this VERY important feature and have yet to correct it.  I think we have every right to be upset with this global company that can't seem to get around to writing a simple piece of code. 

Apprentice
I didn't list half the errors, ***** predictive text, apps crashing all the time, it's like a disaster. I purchased from a dept store who shrug their shoulders now they've got their money, so may as well try to get somewhere somehow. Support told me to put my sim in an iPhone to amend it because it was displaying my wrong number. S9 just smacks of incompetence. So yes, I have every right to be angry and if you're just after a cheap troll laugh then ***** off where you won't interfere with people trying to find answers........like jacking off to the Sears catalogue underwear section.
Explorer

Correct.  I am in the same boat.

HOWEVER.. it doesn't mean we have to fight with eachother or spend time being mad about it online.  What good does that do ANYONE? 

Answer: it doesn't.  All it does is cost us time we will never get back being upset at NO ONE on the internet.. 

There is a solution for the mean time by doing it in each thread.  Until then, there is nothing else we can do but wait. 

Explorer

Correct.  I am in the same boat.

HOWEVER.. it doesn't mean we have to fight with eachother or spend time being mad about it online.  What good does that do ANYONE? 

Answer: it doesn't.  All it does is cost us time we will never get back being upset at NO ONE on the internet.. 

There is a solution for the mean time by doing it in each thread.  Until then, there is nothing else we can do but wait. 

Don't have to go offending and name calling.. and if that many things are wrong with it, than that is just your phone, bc mine and anyone else I know with the s9+ only have issues with asthetics like the text tone and chat bubbles etc.  They even moved the scheduled messages which was just a poor choice as well, but again, nothing we can do about it at the moment. 

Apprentice
It's just I've worked in the big corps and they say "shall we fix it........shall we ×#$%". Let then do it so it costs us zero development, work or roll out. It is in fact why I left as a very well positioned developer (different tech, same principle). Wait for the TAB4 with an S pen........it'll probably be a brio!
Explorer

@jess1632 wrote:

They did bring it back, inside the message of the contact you want to set, tap the top the dots, a drop down appears, under the 1st section CONVERSATION SETTINGS>NOTIFICATIONS>Tap, and tap, custom, and set from there.   Have to go in to each text message (contact)

They do still need to bring back being able to change the background and chat bubbles though, ASAP!

They did not bring it back! They updated the message app to customize a conversation, but apparently not in all parts of the world. My message app says I have the latest version and there is no option to assign a tone to a conversation through the 3 dots settings! That is just a work around and there should be an option on the contacts page to add a specific message tone. It was there on my S6 E+ why not on a S9?

Apprentice

Hey guys, I downloaded Textra and then set the notification file (a 3 second mp3) from a folder I have on my SD card. I then texted myself and get 3 seconds of silence. Do I need to add the mp3 file to a particular folder?? Cheers.

Top Liked Authors