Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Text message ringtone

(Topic created on: 09-03-2018 07:03 PM)
Jarvo
Apprentice
Options

I can’t seem to assign different tunes to individual Contacts messages anymore but still can with their Call ringtone. Am I doing something wrong, any help TIA.

Go to solution
451 REPLIES 451
meems
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for this, I'd never have found it - but I've got a later  version and still not able to customise text sounds. It's really a bummer having all messages with the same sound. I ignore everything now! (and what the h€ll has happened to this font?!)

0 Likes
userfBGSsCd4Me
Explorer
Options

Been a lurker in this threat since March waiting to see if you all got any traction on this.  I am an American and Samsung support here is even worse than this.  I have been unable to even get a response from customer service.  They stopped repsonding to email requests, they don't moderate their threads, its terrible.  They clearly had no intention on fixing this.  All my requests were some canned response blaming either Android, Google, or a mistake I made during updates. Then they touted this half baked stick it in messages as a fix.  I'm sure there are plenty of people everywhere that would like to join you in making this a global call to attention.  I know personally as soon as I can upgrade I am done with samsung phones because this IS the most important feature to me.  Looking at the LG lines but I am even willing to crawl back to Apple if necessary.  This suport and handling of this topic is extremely poor customer service and If they can't even treat me properly through something this huge how can I trust them to ever do the right thing?

wvskfl
Apprentice
Options

Ok, I don't have a Samsung phone yet, so I can't tell you what this does. This is a link from an earlyer post.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-messages/

If someone can use this and tell us if it fixes the issue it would be great. I have been going around and around for months now on which phone to buy. Looks like they have been doing a lot of updates but don't know what they all fix.

0 Likes
userfBGSsCd4Me
Explorer
Options

I have tried this in the past and while an update over the summer added the option to Messages app, nobody wants this result.  The expected result is that they return the individually assigned text alert to the Contacts app where it permanently stays assigned and is not reliant on keeping long text chains open.  

Heidi2227
Pioneer
Options

I called Samsung just now and the 9.0 update is coming in Jan and supposedly this will be fixed who knows tho

0 Likes
userfBGSsCd4Me
Explorer
Options

I know I will continue to hold out hope, but not hold my breath

0 Likes
bdlee
Explorer
Options

20181228_174931.jpg

This from my Twitter to them.  My response is that this will be a "not for your phone" issue.

0 Likes
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

Well.... I'll believe that when I see it...  I like the quote way back when this thread first stated that the option on the ring tones was deleted because of a vote by a majority of users.  Well,  I sure didn't see a vote and if you didn't want to use the feature,  then simply DON'T USE IT.  There's still a lot of us that USE it. 

lifeiscrazy
Apprentice
Options
So true, this is extremely upsetting. I won't buy myseld or any other family member another Samsung if they don't fix it soon. This fix/update is LONG OVERDUE!
wvskfl
Apprentice
Options

Ok, well I got tired of waiting. Missed all the x-mas price cuts so paid full price but went and bought an LG G7 thinq.

I have individual ringtones for each contact. Individual message tones for each contact. 9 colors of LED  for contacts. I can also do voice notification for caller ID and message ID without having to turn on all the other annoying voice stuff. I can also set up groups to have their own individual ringtones. All built in, no x-tra apps. So now LG - Lifes Good.

AND, the phone doesn't have a whole bunch of ca-r-apps I don't need.