Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Apprentice
Right, they don't care, they have the money. But I'm trading to the iPhone XMax one I hit the halfway payoff point for this piece of absolute garbage I'd wanted so badly and which turned out to be worthless for this and other reasons. After 4 Galaxies I'm done with Samsung and Android, permanently. Didn't want to but this one issue was the last, biggest straw that pushed me into Apple's arms.
Apprentice
They're not. They've said so in another post, unfortunately.
Apprentice
Return it quick. It's not coming back, ever. According to Samsung.
Apprentice
Don't cancel that order. Samsung isn't bringing back this feature, ever. They've said so officially - finally.
First Poster

I used zedge and it let's me assign to separate contacts

Pathfinder

@Jules2603 wrote:

I used zedge and it let's me assign to separate contacts

Appreciate it, but the thread is concerning Text message ring tones, not phone ring tones.  There use to be a setting in the contacts app for custom Phone ring tone and one for custom Text tones.  The entry for Text has been removed which is our problem.  

Highlighted
Apprentice

I truly believe all these people that come in here spamming "I use zedge!" Or "my ringtones work fine!" are samsung plants or mods with fake accounts trying to derail the topic. I refuse to believe this many people cant read a topic thread and the 40% of the posts re explaining the issue and why we want it resolved.

Pathfinder

@userfBGSsCd4Me wrote:

I truly believe all these people that come in here spamming "I use zedge!" Or "my ringtones work fine!" are samsung plants or mods with fake accounts trying to derail the topic. I refuse to believe this many people cant read a topic thread and the 40% of the posts re explaining the issue and why we want it resolved.

Include the ones that claim that Textra does it in that listing of plants.  Textra does NOT do this.  It does the same as the default app.  It assigns the tone to the Message thread and not the individual.  So again, you must maintain ALL the threads that you have custom tones assigned to.  Again, they do not work in Group messages.    I've tried Textra, I've tried Mood.  I've tried a half a dozen others that Do Not Work!!  

Samsung changed the CONTACT APP!  The contact app is where  you assigned the custom tones to the PERSON.  Now, since the CONTACT app has changed, Textra, Mood and all the others have no place to go to retrieve the custom assigned tone.  So everyone is having to do the same thing that Samsung did with their text app.  Assigned it to the thread.  What upsets me the most, is this isn't a PIE Feature.  This is SAMSUNG!  I've looked at LG and a few others and every one of them still has the custom feature in the Contacts app.  

First Poster

Not sure what we can do ...possibly start a load of posts on Samsung website... using BRING BACK PERSONALIZED SMS TONES as subject line. A lot of us have been posting and complaining to one another and SAMSUNG IS NOT LISTENING! Does anyone have an email to Samsung corporate where each and everyone of us can harass them until they do listen??? They took away a feature that all if us find helpful. A very basic feature that even the cheapest phones have! Let's do this!!!

Explorer

Email Officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com they called me back and responded...with a bull***** responre but if more people write there 

Top Liked Authors