Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Explorer

@BigBrad wrote:

@Rose4uKY wrote:
Well I finally got Pie and not it is not there on my unlcoked 9 plus. And yes I am getting an unlocked 10 plus and I don't expect it to be there neither. I guess I'll go back to Textra. I just like how the stock messages matches my theme and for now am just using it and not even using Textra. But I may switch back when I get the new phone.

I'll make a small wager with you.  Go to Textra and find out that you will have the same problem.  Textra use to do the same as others.  They looked at the Contacts List for that custom tone.  The contacts list no longer has that feature.  Textra now does the same thing that Samsung does.  They tag the conversation.  A friend of mine that has an LG on Pie and I were comparing the other day.  HIS still has the custom text tones.  So why did Samsung eliminate that feature?

And this is why I'm going to dump Samsung and move to LG as soon as this one is paid off. 

Explorer
Here is what I was told by Samsung. Every time they upgrade the operating system it gets larger in the same way Windows 10 is larger than Windows 8. When you upgrade, you add features, better security, file storage, etc. In order to keep it at a viable size, you have to remove things to add other things. The feature we want is in Contacts, not in the Messages as most of us already know. I was told that there are no plans to put this feature back. That being said, I have been using Textra and it is fine so far but it does not have what we are looking for. The only saving grace with Textra is the ability to 'pin' conversations to to top of the list so you don't have to search for the important ones and then assigning tones to those conversations. To get the feature we want, we would need to use a different 'Contacts' program.
Pathfinder

I have a friend with an LG phone running Pie. We got to comparing them the other day.  On the LG, the contracts list has customized text tones. So PIE came out with it and Samsung deleted it  So.... why? Why the deviation?

Apprentice

@BigBrad wrote:

I have a friend with an LG phone running Pie. We got to comparing them the other day.  On the LG, the contracts list has customized text tones. So PIE came out with it and Samsung deleted it  So.... why? Why the deviation?

You can add individual ringtones to contacts still, just not text messages.  

Open contacts, choose the one you want, click edit, scroll to the bottom of the screen, click view more, scroll to the bottom again and select the tune you want.

My bad, miss read and missed where you said text, sorry.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

you know.. this wouldn't be so bad if someone from Samsung would chime in and explain (Officially) the reasoning behind the change.  

Apprentice
I'm absolutely certain you're 100%correct. They'll want us to purchase the 10. After this screwjob on the 9 that I paid over $960 not a chance. I've been with Galaxys since the S4 as I've said but this was it. I'm going to the iPhone XMax the nanosecond I've reached my payment requirements in July. Bye-bye, Android and Google both.
Apprentice
I loathe Bixby.
Apprentice
Indeed. What a colossal copout!
Apprentice
I'm disabled. Everyone gets dozens of texts daily & I can't be jumping up to check every one. I need to know if I have to respond right now or if it's just the bank giving me my daily balance, etc. One of numerous reasons.
Apprentice
And me.
Top Liked Authors