Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Highlighted

So when is this happening?  This thread is like 6 months old.  I'm also upset that I can't assign different tones to distinguish between voice mails, emails, other notifications, etc.  What genius decided to get rid of all these features??

Explorer

I have been told that has nothing to do with Samsung that it has everything to do with android and Google so I have a benn tweeting and calling and pretty much arguing with them and they basically said it was a feature they were not going to bring it back but I bet you all the money in the world it will be on the 10 and they just want us to pay another $1000 for that phone

Explorer

Exactly.  Their sales continue to drop because of this attitude.  Simple solution.  If it has Samsung's name on it,  don't buy it.  They've gotten totally arrogant about service.  It IS a Samsung issue.  The updates work fine on our phones,  LG from personal experience.  Just don't purchase their goods. 

Pathfinder

@AntS wrote:

Hi @BigBrad . I looked into this for you. Turns out you guys were responding to a spam-link user account (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1548913) in the relevant posts - and your posts were removed along with theirs. I'm happy to restore your posts - but unsure if they'd still make sense out of their original context. Let me know what you'd prefer either way.

Actually,  you can do whatever you would like.  This is my first time back since my posts were deleted for no reason I guess other than offending someone at Samsung. Restore them or delete them. No concern to me anymore. 

Pathfinder

@hollywoodfrodo wrote:
THIS IS RESOLVED IN THE LATEST S9 ANDROID PIE UPDATE. YOU CAN ONCE AGAIN HAVE A SPECIFIC NOTIFICATION TONE FOR TEXTS FROM A SPECIFIC CONTACT!

Gee, I love doing this...  NO, IT WASN'T FIXED IN THE LATEST UPDATE!  See?  Now  you know why using all caps looks like yelling.  THIS is about the only reason that I do NOT like either Oreo or Pie.  Neither one of them have this feature anymore.  You can not have specific tones for the specific contact.  You can only get specific tones for the Conversation thread.  The custom tones in Messages survive ONLY as long as you don't delete the thread.  And will NOT work in a group text environment.  The "Update" that everyone is cheering for is only a stop gap measure.  Please, return the feature.  

This conversation thread has been going on for what?  8 Months now??  And people still don't understand it.  

SAMSUNG.  WE WANT THIS FEATURE BACK.  And I will continue to request politely that this feature be returned.  No matter how many times my posts get DELETED again.  

Thank you. 

Observer

Just found an easy solution and am now able to customize individual contact text notifications...go into your text conversation with the person you want to change tones. In the top right corner press the three dots. Turn "on" the custom notification button then touch in the larger white box that actually states "custom notification".  Then choose "sound". Here, you can choose a different sound for that person. Back out if this menu and that individuals sound is saved.

Explorer

Does nobody pay attention?  Doing that will only change the sound for that conversation! If you delete the conversation, the sound reverts to the default.  Sheesh!

Explorer

Right 

Explorer
Well I finally got Pie and not it is not there on my unlcoked 9 plus. And yes I am getting an unlocked 10 plus and I don't expect it to be there neither. I guess I'll go back to Textra. I just like how the stock messages matches my theme and for now am just using it and not even using Textra. But I may switch back when I get the new phone.
Pathfinder

@Rose4uKY wrote:
Well I finally got Pie and not it is not there on my unlcoked 9 plus. And yes I am getting an unlocked 10 plus and I don't expect it to be there neither. I guess I'll go back to Textra. I just like how the stock messages matches my theme and for now am just using it and not even using Textra. But I may switch back when I get the new phone.

I'll make a small wager with you.  Go to Textra and find out that you will have the same problem.  Textra use to do the same as others.  They looked at the Contacts List for that custom tone.  The contacts list no longer has that feature.  Textra now does the same thing that Samsung does.  They tag the conversation.  A friend of mine that has an LG on Pie and I were comparing the other day.  HIS still has the custom text tones.  So why did Samsung eliminate that feature?

Top Liked Authors