Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Apprentice
And it seems extremely silly to me that they say they cannot do it with the new software but you can get a custom ringtone. How are they that different?
Apprentice
Or the other argument they fed me that it's because of the new sound channel setup or whatever it's called. Well if you can designate that each app has it's own then why can't you designate that each contact is treated the same way?
Explorer

I assume they will finalizeit as we can get this feature back, but only on a new S10 etc.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Well,  after spending a ton of money for a New Note 9  I'm gonna be a really unhappy camper if they do  

Apprentice

There is an another option if you dont have update for app yet.

Download and install apk manually from Apkmirror.

Just download the newest one and give it a try.

It works for me on S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+ and also S9/S9+.

Let me know if it helps. Regards. Edit: ON S8 4.4.30.5 works aswell.

Explorer

@billel96 wrote:
There is an another option if you dont have update for app yet. Download and install apk manually from Apkmirror. Just download the newest one and give it a try. It works for me on S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+ and also S9/S9+. Let me know if it helps. Regards. Edit: ON S8 4.4.30.5 works aswell.

How do you get it back? I have a 9 plus but am getting the 10 plus when it comes out or waiting for the 5G phone if the 10 plus isn't 5G. So it has to do with the messenger app or is it contacts? What do I search for at APK? Anyone else done this and got it to work on their 9?

Explorer
Right it's the contacts the line for text tones is missing
Pathfinder

@billel96 wrote:
There is an another option if you dont have update for app yet. Download and install apk manually from Apkmirror. Just download the newest one and give it a try. It works for me on S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+ and also S9/S9+. Let me know if it helps. Regards. Edit: ON S8 4.4.30.5 works aswell.

I'm sorry. Not trying to offend,  but I love it when people don't scan the entire thread. 

My Samsung messenger app is currently at 5.0.40.12. The latest and greatest version.  And it does not assign tones to the contact,  only the conversation thread.  The "fix" that everyone is praising does not solve the problem for group messaging. Only for single texts.  Deleting the thread deletes the customization.  So to maintain the customization,  I must forgo using group messages (no) and never delete any of my text messages. (Again,  no)  I just wish that they'd left this feature totally alone rather than try to "improve" it, since that obviously didn't work. 

Explorer

Now I can't even set different tones for conversations. Unless I'm missing it and for got how. I have an S7 and using the Messages app. The yellow icon one. Can someone remind me how to do it?

Explorer

So no going to try and find the APK won't work and bring the text tones back to contacts? Cause I'm pretty sure i have the latest version but will reverting back to an older version bring you this back? I guess I'll just wait it out. I'm mostly at work all day with my phone on silent so maybe I'll switch back and forth I still have Textra on my phone I think.

Top Liked Authors