Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Apprentice

@mrskatyoung wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Hi all. 

As a direct result of the feedback you guys have given here, the individual contact text message ringtone feature will be returning in a future update! :robothappy:

We're unable to give a timescale for this, but definitely look out for it in future software updates coming your way.

Thank you all for your contributions towards this! :robothappy::heart:

Amazing!!!!! Thank god for that. I will cancel my order of the Huawei p20 then! I was leaving Samsung for good due to the fact they just didn't seem to listen. I'd spent months in the beta programme voicing my concerns over this going and was ignored every time. At last we are being noticed. Thank God!!!!! 

Apprentice

I've now waited nearly a year for this promised fix to Samsung's arbitrary and senseless removal of this very necessary (to me) feature. I'm disabled and depended on knowing when a critical text was incoming instead of one of hundreds a day that all have the same "ding." I've lost the few friends I had left, missed medical appointments and messages from beloved family members I haven't heard from in years. If I don't recieve this update by Dec 30 I'm trading this obscenely expensive Galaxy S9+ which has been rendered absolutely worthless to me now for an iPhone. I've used Galaxy phones since the S4 for their wonderful handicap accessibility features but this one is the one I needed most and it's now the deal breaker. I've had it with Samsung.

Explorer

Yep.. another update this morning and still no fix. 

Clearly,  Samsung has no plans or interest in fixing this. Clearly,  Samsung could care less about what its customers need and want in their phone. 

Explorer

They've been saying this for a year now.  They have no intention of fixing this. Might as well download MOOD and use it. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Here is a copy of what we were sent last June...look familiar?

"

As a direct result of the feedback you guys have given here, the individual contact text message ringtone feature will be returning in a future update! :robothappy:

We're unable to give a timescale for this, but definitely look out for it in future software updates coming your way.

Thank you all for your contributions towards this! :robothappy::heart:"

LET'S FACE IT, THIS IS A LIE.!!!!

Explorer

@bdlee wrote:

Here is a copy of what we were sent last June...look familiar?

"

Thank you all for your contributions towards this! :robothappy::heart:"

LET'S FACE IT, THIS IS A LIE.!!!!

AGREE!!! I am sick and tired of Samsung ignoring the demand for this basic feature and now not responding at all on this forum regrading this issue. There was another update in my region the other day and still no change!

I say that we start hitting them hard on twitter and FB to get our message across!!

Explorer

Sent to Samsung on Facebook

Ok so 10 months after purchasing your top of the line flag ship phone Galaxy S9+ and finding out that certain basic functions had been removed from the Android UI. And then being informed via the Samsung community (after many many posts from many people ) that the individualisation of text tones will be brought back on a future update, we are STILL waiting for this update to transpire. So instead of the community pages, let's go global and see if this has a different outcome. Not just the company speak basically blanking off it's customers, let's have some truth and action for a change. If you are interested about how much this has dissatisfied you customers feel free to read S9 Text message ringtone (Samsung Community Subscription Update)

Lets see if we get anything now?

Apprentice

I have been an LG user for a wile now. I was looking to change to the S9+ because I like some of the features. Edge notification, secure folder, etc. However, on my Lg I can still set individual ring tones and text tones for each contact. I can also have it read aloud the caller ID name if its in my contacts and name of who is text messaging me. This is great when I am working or on the motorcycle because I know whether to stop and read it if its important. I can't seem to find any information on the text voice notification on the S9s but I did find it on the S3s. If I could get the S9 to read out loud who is texting me, I could do without the individual text tone. I need one or the other for me to switch and if the S9s have neither, than it  is kind of leading me to stay with the LG.

Explorer
Stay with LG. I moved away from LG years ago and moved to Samsung. They have gradually decreased basic functions over time instead of the other way around. I will be returning to LG on my next phone upgrade.
Explorer

Also, I dont get voicemail unless I am connected to 4G. Wont work via internet. I MUST be using data. Not sure if that is a Verizon or Samsung thing.

Top Liked Authors