Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Explorer

I know I really wish they would put it back it's getting on my nerves I hate not having it. I also have a Samsung Gear Watch and I like to use the standard text for that and because of theme. I have Textra but not using it but I may go back to it for a while and try it again. 

Explorer

@AntS wrote:

Hi all. 

As a direct result of the feedback you guys have given here, the individual contact text message ringtone feature will be returning in a future update! :robothappy:

We're unable to give a timescale for this, but definitely look out for it in future software updates coming your way.

Thank you all for your contributions towards this! :robothappy::heart:

Edit: Also, please check out the workarounds given by Tangoman65 and AndroidGuru. 

PLEASE MARK THIS AS UNRESOLVED ....I just got another big update this morning and still no individual txt toned for my contacts. I am not saving my test message threads ..this issue needs to be fixed. My sister got the note 9 and is able to change her contacts so why cant this be done for all the phones?? This is really poor service.

Explorer

@Heidi2227 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Hi all. 

As a direct result of the feedback you guys have given here, the individual contact text message ringtone feature will be returning in a future update! :robothappy:

We're unable to give a timescale for this, but definitely look out for it in future software updates coming your way.

Edit: Also, please check out the workarounds given by Tangoman65 and AndroidGuru. 

PLEASE MARK THIS AS UNRESOLVED ....I just got another big update this morning and still no individual txt toned for my contacts. I am not saving my test message threads ..this issue needs to be fixed. My sister got the note 9 and is able to change her contacts so why cant this be done for all the phones?? This is really poor service.

I just had an update too and still no resolution. 

Explorer

@Heidi2227 wrote:

I just had an update too and still no resolution. 

Explorer

This is clearly unresovled and can be very easily as xda have proved it the sms app on other phones in the range works so stop storling and fix this and also fix the customization eg puting our own backgrounds on and colour bubbles this also works.
were no longer forling for the Sales pitch on Themes

Listen to your customs and sort this

Explorer
@AntS wrote:

Hi all. 

Agree!! This is absolutely ridiculous that this has not been resolved after all this time! How long ago did they say that this would be fixed in a future update and still nothing!

SAMSUNG GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GIVE US BACK OUR BASIC FEATURES!!!!

Highlighted
Explorer

we seem to be getting the same fob off from differant peaple 

XDA have got this working so why havent they ??

the sms app has caused so many issues that could of been avoided 

the messages app is sepratly updated via samsung apps and not firmware this is why i dont belive the fob off.

this and message tones are the biggest on this forum and there eaisly fixed, but they wont.

Thems were not a hit o. the S7 or S8 so why force this on us. its not working as people are flocking to textra that developer is doing very well from you guys the longer you avoid this samsung the worst it will bee 

First Poster

I am really disappointed with S9. In previous versions of the Galaxy model, I was able to not only assign different text message tone for every contact, but I was able to select a song from my music folder not just borring preselected tones. And, I actually liked the whistle, why is that gone? Samsung, with each Galaxy model, you are a bigger dissapointment. 

Observer

@Tangoman65 wrote:

20180618_144823.jpg

That is what you should check your updates for messages in. You may have already had it and havent realised or its a steady roll out, I'm not sure. But the rest of my post should point you in the direction if the update is on your phone already. Screenshot_20180618-145306_Galaxy Apps.jpg

This is the latest version I have. If yours is the same you should be abke to asign notification tones to each thread. 

Regards Tango.

It works for me on S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+ and also S9/S9+. Let me know if it helps. Regards.

Explorer

Yes you can assign a tone to each thread but than you can't delete the thread that is not what we want. I also have the same version and in your contacts is no option for text tones only ringtones and vibration pattern. I also miss the bubbles at the top of the text screen with your favorites. Hopefully it will be back when we get Android Pie and on the S10 plus which I am getting when it comes out.

Top Liked Authors