Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

First Poster

It's all fine that you can set custom tones for threads. But we want the ability to set custom tones for each contact.

First Poster

It only applies to that thread. Once it is deleted, tones for that contact go back to the default tone jntil you set a new one for that new thread.

Explorer
That is why I like Textra. I dont, however delete important or needed threads, in case I need them for reference. Once done, I delete them. I am mostly using Samsung now (mainly because of my Gear Frontier) I think is just a matter of finding which way works for you for now, until Samsung sort this issue out...
First Poster

Go to your text messages.  Click on the person you would like to assign a text tone to.  Click the 3 dots on the top right corner.  Click on notifications.  You can then change it.  You have to access it through your text message string, not in your contacts.

First Poster

Go to your text messages.  Click on the person you would like to assign a text tone to.  Click the 3 dots on the top right corner.  Click on notifications.  You can then change it.  You have to access it through your text message string, not in your contacts.

First Poster

Explorer

@Nanette0707 wrote:

Unless you keep every text message from that person or persons, tying this to messages as opposed to contacts is asinine. 

If you read through this thread, you will find that this is indeed the complaint. I have no interest in adding yet another app to take up storage. For the cost of the phone,  a basic feature such as being able to assign specific notification tones to specific CONTACTS does nothing for anyone.

Once this outrageously priced phone that doesn't even have basic features is paid off,  Samsung will lose a long time customer. I've already given their appliances the boot. They've lost me with their phones too. 

Bye bye, Felicia. 

Explorer

@Nanette0707 wrote:

Unless you keep every text message from that person or persons, tying this to messages as opposed to contacts is asinine. 

If you read through this thread, you will find that this is indeed the complaint. I have no interest in adding yet another app to take up storage. For the cost of the phone,  a basic feature such as being able to assign specific notification tones to specific CONTACTS does nothing for anyone.

Once this outrageously priced phone that doesn't even have basic features is paid off,  Samsung will lose a long time customer. Bye bye, Felicia. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Still using S7. Another update last night and this is still not fixed. They said they were putting this feature back but they had "no timelime on the update" which means they are lying and not going to do it. Next phone WILL NOT BE A SAMSUNG! I love my Samsung phone, but this is a deal breaker. I should not have to download a 3rd party app just to get what I need.

Explorer

Screenshot_20181031-122014_Settings.jpg

Well UPDATE though on a Galaxy S9+ and surprise surprise, no CHANGE. See above for specifics re the version etc. On EE in the UK.

MESSAGE TO SAMSUNG (IF YOU BOTHER TO READ THESE COMPLAINTS

YOU DO NOT HOLD UP TO WHAT YOU SAY! YOUR UPDATE PROCEDURE SUCKS AND STILL NO CHANGE IN THE WAY THAT WE CAN ALLOCATE PERSONAL TEXT MESSAGE TONES. I KNOW ABOUT THREAD TONES AS I TOLD EVERYONE INITIALLY. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE UPDATE AND STILL NO CHANGE IN THE WAY THAT IT CAN BE DONE. 

HOLD UP TO WHAT YOU SAY AND REINSTATE IT IMMEDIATELY. THE SOFTWARE WAS THERE SO PUT IT BACK!

YOU ARE TICKING OFF A LOT OF CUSTOMERS AND WE WILL NOT BE COMING BACK TO SAMSUNG ONCE THE RIPOFF OF THE CONTRACTS COMES TO AN END. 

RANT PAUSED BUT NOT OVER!

(AND I'M NOT APPOLOGISING FOR THE CAPITAL LETTERS)

Top Liked Authors