Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Explorer

Hmm, my version of texting doesnt have 'notifications' in the menu. :(

First Poster

Are you opening a text conversation with someone ALREADY in your messages list ?  It won't work if you are just on your message selection screen. You need to have a conversation open - 20180926_161224.jpg

Explorer

Individual text tones have always been their the way you suggest do not delete conversations and go to 3 dots at the top. But the old way in your contacts with ringtones is not back and we our all anxiously waiting.

Explorer

Yes, I had a conversation open. I'm on a GS 7, which used to have the lost feature. When I go to the menu, it only has notifications to turn on or off. It has a useless slide show feature though :(

My message app is 4.4.20.10  It is probably different than the S9, but it has the latest operating system. Thanks anyway

Explorer

They have removed loads

1. Indavidual txt tones

2. Customisation of the sms app eg back grounds and bubbles

3. the 360 camera option in the camera

4. the Video editing app

Yet on a iphone other then the 360 camera you can do the above and its on previouse phones so why remove stuff hoping we wont notice well we have stop dumbing down phones bring back the features you had on the other phones and not im not down loading a Asion theme to fix this

Explorer

@Ndj wrote:

They have removed loads

1. Indavidual txt tones

2. Customisation of the sms app eg back grounds and bubbles

3. the 360 camera option in the camera

4. the Video editing app

Yet on a iphone other then the 360 camera you can do the above and its on previouse phones so why remove stuff hoping we wont notice well we have stop dumbing down phones bring back the features you had on the other phones and not im not down loading a Asion theme to fix this

I couldn't agree more. It's obvious to me that Samsung is not interested in fixing this. No more Samsung products for me. I've purchased Samsung products exclusively for the last 10 years. It appears it's time to move on. 

First Poster
That's what got me too. WHEN?
Explorer

as for indavidual txt tones samsung being samsung have moved it and messed around with it.

on the old it was in contacts and you added it when editing 

Now !

All txt tones must be in the Notification folder on the internal storage, then open contacts press on the contact you want to change you should unless its a contact on your sim get a dropdown press messages this will open up a conversation press the three dots now you will get a Notification option press then you get two options stock or custom pressing custom you can then pick any in the Notification slot there no instruction from samsung on this nor has the press covered this 

on the others XDA has side loaded S7 apps on the s9 to find they work the message app works spot on 

so why samsung to get what we want do we need to hac the phone 

Highlighted
First Poster

So, after getting advice, I set up Textra as my messaging system so that I could personalize ringtones after Samsung took that capability away from us. I am not real cell phone savy but not too bad but I have an issue that I am hoping that someone knows how to help me correct. Somehow, I have deleted all text messages for just one contact (using Textra). I certainly did not realize that I was doing it so it should not be so easy. I had about a year's worth of texts that are gone. But, I have texts for that number since that time of deleting by mistake. Does anyone know how I can get these text messages back for this contact? (And without losing the current messages for the contact). I honestly have no idea what so ever how I could have possibly done this!!! I certainly was not "asked" if I wanted to delete these! Help! Thank you!!!!

Explorer

See if the messages our still in your Samsung app sometimes I think they stay in one and are not the same in both depending on what your using at the time but I am not a 100% sure.

Top Liked Authors