Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

I was told I couldn't allocate separate ringtones and was ready to send phone back until my son told me to download zedge on the play store and.. .hey presto separate ringtones and message alerts for each person 🤗🤗🤗🤗 glad I kept the phone

Explorer

I also use Textra, I created a 'Media' folder  in internal storage with seperate sub folders for 'Notifications' & 'Ringtones'. This will then add to your default ringtones & notifications. I'm not sure about the 3 second delay mp3 file but any downloaded mp3's just copy or move to these folders.  I mainly used this method for message alerts as the Samsung default ones are just dull...fg

Explorer

I don't need another texting app.

the individual text notification will be back in the next update, The option was in CONTACTS APP and not in messages, 

CONTACTS people contacts, stop downloading text apps,

SAMSUNG NEEDS TO FIX WHAT WAS NOT BROKEN.

BRING BACK THE INDIVIDUAL TEXT OPTION TO CONTACTS.APP

Explorer

Anyone know when the next update will be? Will it be with the next security update or a newer version of Oreo update? I use textra but would rather use the regular Samsung one. I miss the bubbles at the top too for favorites.

Highlighted
Explorer

Screenshot_20180822-101234_Software update.jpgThis is the latest update I have. I've not done it yet though, still waiting to see if any issues arrive from it...fg

Explorer
I still use and prefer Textra, but switch to Samsung now and then mainly for gear/reminder/texting options (And Bixby😬)...fg
Explorer

I know I have been using Textra too but I also like the Samsung Messages cause of my Gear3 also and cause it matches my theme. Textra when sending pictures they don't send right away and I remember reading a while back when I 1st got it something about sending on wifi or something I can't remember now but I go back to Messages when I have a picture to send.  

First Poster

This is really a temp fix... yes you can assign a personalized tone to  open sms threads BUT once you delete the thread/conversation, you have to reassign tone each time. It truly is inconvenient. Before, we could just assign personalized tones to CONTACTS not to OPEN SMS THREADS/CONVERSATIONS. Please fix ASAP

Explorer

Thats why its a work around. Until your airtime provider and their tech support clear the software upgrade its the best there is. Until then just keep chipping away at samsung and phone supplier till its sorted. 

Yes yes 👍👍👍👍 thank you! !!!
Top Liked Authors