Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Explorer

You set it per conversation in Messages. Go into Messages and select an existing conversation. Then select the 3 dots on the upper right and set the notification to Custom and choose the sound. As long as you don't delete the whole conversation, the custom sound will remain for it.

Explorer

Apologies if this posts twice.

You set it per conversation in Messages. Go into Messages and select an existing conversation. Then select the 3 dots on the upper right and set the notification to Custom and choose the sound. As long as you don't delete the whole conversation, the custom sound will remain for it.

First Poster

I've always had a galaxy but hate all most everything about the 9s. I hate you can't add individual sounds to contacts texts,  I hate that Bixby keeps popping up everytime i touch the sideof my phone, I hate that they changed how you screenshot...its hard to hold both the correct buttons in,   and I hate the stupid shortcuts that pop out everytime i try to turn to another page! Ugh!!! I want my galaxy 6 back!!

Explorer

I am with you and i know the feeling, Same here, I went thru the same thing. I upgraded from Note 4 to 9+,

let me help u with some things.

1. I disabled bixby and uninstalled all of the apps related to bixby as I could.

2. I disabled the bixby stupid button. (I HATE IT)

3. Screen shots can be taken by swiping your palm on the screen like the note 4, Very quick., it's called Palm swipe to capture.

Explorer

your not doing it wrong, the feature is not in messages, the feature is supposed to be in the Contacts App, the contacts app has control of the messages tones and phone ringtones, Samsung says they are working with google to bring this feature back

Explorer

that feature is suposed to be in the Contacts app not messages, Contacts controls messages app and phone app, that's where you assing the ringtones and message tones, they remove that feature on the oreo update, they said they are working with google to bring that feature back to the contact app.

Explorer

message tones are in contacts app. not messages, 

Contact APP controls messages and phone app,

Samsung is working with google to update that back into contacts. just like before

First Poster

THANK YOU!  That's certainly better than nothing. 

Explorer

I hope they really do bring it back and soon.  I also miss the bubbles of favorites at the top but at least put the text tones back in contacts please. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Version 5.0.21.18, is that the version who send pictures randomly ??!

Top Liked Authors