Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Superuser II
Superuser II

@S9user1 wrote:
Seriously, this was March when you wrote.... is there an update. This is frustrating to be missing this feature. My whole family has Samsungs... we regret those that have migrated to the s9 because of this.

Are you serious ? Do you realize you have just posted something which is already fixed and noticed right above your message? It seems like you are just a spammer....

Apprentice

VICTORY!!

Just updated messages app and can now customize! 😁

Explorer

@gjbella: What exactly did you update? Android? Samsung Messages?

Can I ask which carrier you use and what country you're in? I haven't seen any info about any update available. (I use Sprint in the US).

Explorer

When I updated it is in the UK with EE. It's Samsung Messages via the Galaxy updater, NOT Google play store. 

Hope this helps 

Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

@gmw4259

Did you read this? No matter ur country or carrier. App works on everything.

"

There is an another option if you dont have update for app yet. Download and install apk manually from Apkmirror. Just download the newest one and give it a try. It works for me on S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+ and also S9/S9+. Let me know if it helps. Regards.

Edit: ON S8 4.4.30.5 works aswell."

Explorer

I saw that but wasn't sure what apk was and hadn't investigated. However a later post mentioned updating Messages via Galaxy Apps and I did that and can now choose different notification tones within the Messages app so I'm all set.

Superuser II
Superuser II
Nice. Im glad it works.
Apprentice

I tried this and still not working is this not a Android 8.0 Oreo update,  operating upgrade that has take this away should we be asking Android ???? 

Explorer

Still no update! I keep emailing this feedback email! 20180622_045308.jpg

Explorer

You went into the app called Galaxy Apps and updated Samsung Messages in there? This is Samsung Messages. This latest version of Samsung Messages has the ability for you to set different tones for different conversations.

There's a separate app (not from Samsung) also called Messages which is Android Messages but that's not the one that seems to come with Samsung phones. (My phone came with Samsung Messages.) So it really isn't your version of Android that matters in this situation.

Note: Formerly it was the Contacts app where one used to set different tones for calls and for messages. You still set different ringtones for phone calls for different people there but the ability to set the message tones there was what got removed.

Top Liked Authors