Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

First Poster

I love having separate tones not only because it's fun, but simply because when I'm busy and I get a message I know who it's from before I even pick up my phone. This way, if I'm expecting a message from a certain person, I don't have to check my phone every single time it goes off. Besides the fact that not all texts are my top priority. Sometimes I don't want or need to reply right away so this way I can sort of 'screen' my messages when I have other things to do. I don't have time to sit around and stare at my phone all day.  Hope that helps  

Community Manager

We can really see how much impact this change in design has been and that this is a really desired feature. This has been submitted to our development teams and your comments in this thread are being shared as examples of how important this is to our customers.

As a change to the design and functionality, this suggestion has to be reviewed for redevelopment as a feature of the core application. 

Thanks,

-Sachiko-

Apprentice

Tjhis is becouse the new softwair updat has taken this out

As you can apreseat this Feature is very important as I have three propertys nad a car alarm system set up to send me SMS in the event the is an alarm trigered.

So you understand this is very important to me and lots of other users.

Samsung please bring it back.

Thanks Graham  

Explorer

Thank you!  I am on countless other threads in which  people are just wondering why this feature was taken away!  We all hope this will be brought back soon!  (Just as we can assign phone tones, message tones are as important!)

Observer

I just upgraded from a galaxy s4, and I could change message ringtones on that phone. That should be reason enough to have them - why would you give your users less than you were offering 4+ years ago?

But as for specific reasons - I sleep with my phone in my bedroom. There are some family members who might call or text in the middle of the night with car or health issues, and I want them to have ringtones that are long and distinctive and will wake me up. When I get a text from Verizon or from some group chat where someone had insomnia, I want a quick, unobtrusive ringtone that I won't hear or that I will know is not important. I'm pretty upset that I lost that feature with this new phone.

Ringtone for calls from one contact

You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or Phone (device memory).

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Contacts, then select the desired contact.
  3. Tap Details > EDIT > View more
  4. Tap Ringtone, select desired ringtone, then tap ADD.

Highlighted
Apprentice

It’s individual tones for Text messages not ringtones for calls that is the issue. If you’d read the thread you will have seen that lots of people are annoyed that this feature has been removed.

Apprentice

I have 3 property's all have alarm system in and when triggered they send me a messages all have different notifications sound from my normal text sounds. This is very important to me and has been a feature I have had with Samsung for years. It needs to be brought back fast in the next software update.  

Seriously. Text Tone was literally the best feature on S7 what the heck Samsung. 

Explorer
I spent months on the beta programme and loads of us moaned about it. They basically ignored us. Don't hold your breath. There is a Google or Huawei with my name on it as soon as my contract ends. I won't stay samsung again.
Top Liked Authors