Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

First Poster

$914.99 bucks before tax (AT&T) and no individual text tones?? Please fix this ASAP!

I want to use AT&T advance messages (RCS) ... Textra and others do not to support this yet. 

please fix 

Explorer

I upgraded from the 6 and am hugely frustrated that this has been removed.

Definitely a step back for Samsung! Very regressive!

Explorer

@AldhamMarkwrote:

I agree, Samsung need to sort this out soonest. I contacted their online help desk and was told this feature (I.e. it's removal) was voted for by the majority of users. What a load of rot- bring it back forthwith.

I've also noticed you can no longer assign your own notification tone to Facebook, only one from their closed list.

I don't know of anyone who doesn't use personal notification settings. A very regressive move from Samsung!

Apprentice

This sucks! 
First thing I do with a new phone is set individual message notifications for my contact individuals  - please fix this ASAP!

Explorer

@gjbellawrote:

This sucks! 
First thing I do with a new phone is set individual message notifications for my contact individuals  - please fix this ASAP!

Agreed. I also have discovered the alarm clock sound also can no longer be personalized either. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

ugh!!! 
I was so excited to get this new phone - making my S7 seem acceptable again. blah :(

Apprentice

@Hat502wrote:

@gjbellawrote:

This sucks! 

Agreed. I also have discovered the alarm clock sound also can no longer be personalized either. 

Actually you can still customize alarm clock sounds,  by default the Bixby Briefing is on, you have to select alarm sounds on then select the sound you want by tapping left of the on where it says"morning glory"  (the default sound when you turn on alarm sounds). 

Also I've been using Mood messenger,  others have been using textra, but these message apps  do allow custom message tones again.   Although it is *****ic that Samsung removed the feature.   Hope this helps. 

Explorer

@spinn360wrote:

@Hat502wrote:

@gjbellawrote:

This sucks! 

Actually you can still customize alarm clock sounds,  by default the Bixby Briefing is on, you have to select alarm sounds on then select the sound you want by tapping left of the on where it says"morning glory"  (the default sound when you turn on alarm sounds). 

Also I've been using Mood messenger,  others have been using textra, but these message apps  do allow custom message tones again.   Although it is *****ic that Samsung removed the feature.   Hope this helps. 

Good to know on the alarm. I suspect the move to an app for text messaging with personalized alerts is the goal. The more apps you have the more memory use, the more battery drain, etc meaning we need more capacity sooner.

I'm hoping enough have complained that it will be part of a software update. If not,  I'll be looking at other options on my next upgrade. 

First Poster
I am using it as well. Shame I have to use a third party app. For something Samsung should help with. Sadly I get a message from samsung saying since this is a third party app message history will automatically get deleted after a month. Do you get this message as well?
Apprentice

Soarsfree, I haven't seen anything like that.   Perhaps I'm not backing up messages through Samsung..??? Not sure I'd want to.   Are you using Mood messenger like me,  or textra?  I may have just not noticed the notification. 

Top Liked Authors