Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Highlighted
Apprentice
Yes but you can always use it in the meantime and then make Samsung messages the default once again for texts once they have sorted it out hopefully. I've not used the Samsung app for years. You can try Next SMS and if you don't like it then simply switch back.
Apprentice

Thanks for that looks like just what I wanted 👍

First Poster

I agree, Samsung need to sort this out soonest. I contacted their online help desk and was told this feature (I.e. it's removal) was voted for by the majority of users. What a load of rot- bring it back forthwith.

I've also noticed you can no longer assign your own notification tone to Facebook, only one from their closed list.

Apprentice

Why has this feature been removed. S7 and S8 are able to assign an individual text tone to contacts.

Why on the superior S9 and S9+ has this been removed? Samsung taking a backwards step.

Secondly why has the feature to put a background on texts been removed?

I don't want a theme on my phone I just want to put a background on texts.

Phone got on early release and posted the question about tones on that day. Why are you not replying Samsung? Seriously thought you were better than that. Has Apple taken you over because they don't give a ***** about their customers also.

CarlH Moderator

Thanks for making us aware of this. We're also unable to find the background options for messages as well as individual tones to specific contacts in the menu. We've flagged this with our software experts to see whats going on (has it moved or simply been removed altogether). We'll let you know as soon as we can!

Apprentice

Thank you

First Poster

whats with no seperate tones for messages and other apps everything falls into the same default tone.everytime my phone beeps i have to check if its an email a notification or a message proper frustrating.😡😡samsung sort this simple error please..

Apprentice

@CarlHwrote:

Thanks for making us aware of this. We're also unable to find the background options for messages as well as individual tones to specific contacts in the menu. We've flagged this with our software experts to see whats going on (has it moved or simply been removed altogether). We'll let you know as soon as we can!

Any update on this??

Apprentice

After using several of these alternate message apps I am really liking the stock messenger less and less.  Currently I'm using an app called Mood messenger, but there is Textra, and a few others out there that allow us to individualize text tones again, as well as many more features.  I have a pop-up box for each message with quick replies setup (yes, no, ok) also I get little floating message icons similar to facebook messenger,  all while still being able to use the edge notification built into the s9+.

Seriously wish Samsung would consider an overhaul of the entire messenger setup.  Individual text notifications is a must, but I couldn't hardly tell which message was new from the old on the stock app.  They really just dropped the ball here with their messaging app.

First Poster

Thats why i use Voice Notify App.

Top Liked Authors