Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Pathfinder

@meems wrote:

do we care?

You might not.. but there are a lot of us that do.  

Explorer
This is what you guys always say and NOTHING is fixed ...so I'm calling BULL
Voyager

In the United States, The Federal Trade Commission is the one to file complaints; https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I encourage every disgrundled customer to do this.

Voyager

Ahhh yes, we have just the phone for you just hand us over $1200.81Q2jJv4qNL._SY550_.jpg

Apprentice
@BigBrad: you're a hero with patience that makes Job look like a whiny little B**** for explaining, yet again, what the ISSUE here is; what the entire thread is about. Duh. Who are these people anyway, coming in 300 posts deep and chastising those who began the topic for complaining when their fix is so "simple?" I'd wager not a one of them bothered to read the initial post describing what by now has grown to thousands of disgusted Samsung users over removing a very important feature for absolutely no reason. Common sense would tell you that if this many people are so incensed by the removal of the text notification tones it's not as easy as that, and that it really is important to that many users. I noticed on this one thread alone a couple of dozen Samsung customers who are switching to something - anything- else whenever their able to trade. I'm certainly among that crowd; after having almost every model Galaxy since the S3 I'm switching to the iPhone XMax on July 6, the first day I'm eligible to trade it in. I'm paying over a thousand dollars for a device it had better be useful. Bye-bye, Samsung.
Voyager
Thank you for the compliment Pigitha. I like being called a HERO!
Apprentice

I'm eligible for an upgrade in September. I emailed Samsung. I got the old song and dance that in order to keep their stuff current, they have to take some features away. In other words, they're not planning on putting it back the way it was. Their "fix" of putting it in the settings on the messages thread was all they're planning on doing.  And, I've been to look at other phones. Guess what? The pixel and the lg I looked at does the same thing as Samsung. The ONLY phone I've found that still let's you attach a notification tone to a contact is  Iphone! I've been using Android since my first cell phone. I'm really thinking of going to Iphone now. I'm seriously weighing all my options. If any one can find a different phone that works on Sprint, I'm real interested! I love Android, but taking away that feature is a deal breaker for me. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

My understanding is that LG still has it, but I want to stop into a store and test this myself.  I like their phones and really dont want to go back to apple as I left specifically because of the headphone jack removal, but this feature is far more important to me.  

Apprentice

I tried the lg ones at Best But. It wasn't on any of them that they're currently selling. 

Pathfinder

@wdfrancis58 wrote:

I tried the lg ones at Best But. It wasn't on any of them that they're currently selling. 

I looked at a coworkers LG the other day.  It had the "Custom Text Tone" setting in the contact file when I checked it.  

Top Liked Authors