Support

Open search

S9 + Swipe to type not working and auto spellcheck gone crazy and no predictive text.

Just Browsing

ok. all language packs installed, downloaded, updated, revised, restarted, reset, reinstalled, re-tried... 

Still the blue line follows my finger (looks cute eh!!??), with absolutely nothing happening in the text b ix. This manual typing thing is so slow and so frustrating as there is no s p ell check or suggestive words...or p revious learned words. HELP REQUIRED STILL... ASAP!!!!

Just Browsing

Didnt work... tried the above several times. i know the settings are correct, as my S7 works perfwctly... This S9+ is annoying as all heck at the moment. no predictive. no learned word memory. no spell check... trying to correct simple words like "once".

Here we go....Once is used to work!!!! lol... Underline that one in red you stupid phone!!!!

First Poster

Hi, using your step by step, I already have the correct languages installed but after a system update this morning, i've realised my predictive text using the 3x4 (number keyboard as opposed to the qwerty one) is no longer recognising any of my words.  Not even simple words such as 'the' or 'and'.  I am too slow at using the qwerty and superfast with 3x4 k/board and it was just working yesterday. I only got my phone mid August. Everything that's previously been suggested is the same on my phone but nothing is fixing my dilemma! Should I try deleting the languages and reinstalling them, if so, how lol? BTW, i've got English UK and English US installed. I like to have both so when my 3x4 needs to 'learn' a word, i'll switch to the other qwerty in the other English. Pls help or question if I haven't made myself clear :-(

AntS Moderator

Hi all.

If the advised solutions in the thread aren't working, make sure you've tried the below in order:

Samsung Keyboard Troubleshooting_S9.JPG

Along with Safe Mode (to rule out any non-stock apps that may be the cause).

If the issue is persisting despite all of this, can you let us know which country you're based in? (I have a theory that the solutions in the thread won't necessarily work for non-UK peeps.)

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

TLDR: try removing the language pack you are using, then downloading it again.

I ran into the same problem.  It seems that it only affected the language I was using at the time of the update - I was using English (AU) as my main and Espanol (ES) as my secondary.  I tried updating languages with not success.

I tried bringing English (UK) on as my main language with success.  I was about to give up at that point and stick with that language pack (close enough is good enough) but decided to try removing the English (AU) pack, quitting out of settings and coming back in and downloading the pack again.  Voila!  My preferred language pack is now working again.  I need to re-teach it my little language quirks but I'll live with that.

I also noticed a number of settings I had previously set were reset to factory (typing sounds and vibration, special characters above keys, etc).  I wonder what else this latest update reset on my phone.

Observer
THANK YOUUUUU
Apprentice

@DDR400 wrote:

Well my S9 + is finally here after moving from S7 edge.

The only niggle so far is the keyboard. All options are turned on and the correct keyboard is selected.Swipe to type when active gives me the blue lines when i drag over the keys but nothing inputs on any app.

Quite frustrating as this is my primary way to type.

Also the spell check is putting the red line under normal words and only suggesting an email address as an alternative or the word mart for some reason.

Predicive text is non existant apart from the word mart and sometimes email addresses.

Any input would be great.

Download Google console. Set that up and it works impeccably. I had a similar irritating issue. All settled now lastly making the most of my telephone

Apprentice

@njbradwell wrote:

you should work for Samsung if you don't already! 35 minutes I was on a chat with them about this and was told if I wanted to sort the issues with predictive text I would have manually add all the possible variations I may have in the language shortcuts! they actually told me that! went as far as to say  that the predictive text was an ongoing issue with the new software and that it was being looked in to!!!

I made sense of how to do this without anyone else by experiencing the greatest number of settings as I could lastly got it. They claim the gadgets so they should know how to function them

Highlighted
Apprentice

@DDR400
Ive checked those settings . Still no auto correct 

Thrre was a samsung update last night . Must be linked to that ? On samsung s9+
 wrote:

For some reason the phone will not have downloaded any language packs.  Not even the native one for your phone. 

You will need to go in to your language settings and download your language pack. This will solve your issue. 

Settings>General management>Language and input>On screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard>Language and types>manage input languages>press the blue arrow to download language.

This will now work as expected. 

Apprentice

@DDR400
Ive checked those settings . Still no auto correct 

Thrre was a samsung update last night . Must be linked to that ? On samsung s9+
 wrote:

For some reason the phone will not have downloaded any language packs.  Not even the native one for your phone. 

You will need to go in to your language settings and download your language pack. This will solve your issue. 

Settings>General management>Language and input>On screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard>Language and types>manage input languages>press the blue arrow to download language.

This will now work as expected. 

Top Liked Authors