Support

Open search

S9+ Poor Battery Life

Highlighted
First Poster

I have an s9 and the battery life is terrible.

I can't go out for the day without thinking about how and when I'll be able to charge my phone.

Mines down to 92% and it's been off charge 30 minutes with only researching battery life.

There really needs to be a fix for this.

Never known a battery to be so bad

Highlighted
First Poster

I sent mine back and got a replacement. 

My new phone is excellent and I now have no worries about the battery. 

Highlighted

I have just upgraded from S7edge to S9+ and the battery is not as good despite the phone shop saying it would be better due to the processor etc. Disappointed 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Also came from s7 edge. Has s9+ (European exynos version) for a week and juts returned it. Battery was outright terrible. Snapdragon users on 845 probably fare better but exynos is a disaster. More info here on issue

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12620/improving-the-exynos-9810-galaxy-s9-part-2/4

Highlighted
First Poster

I sent a phone back to the official Samsung service, got new battery .... they told me the battery is OK, but it changed preventive. I am very dissapointed about samsung s9 phone. It seems to be the last samsung phone in my possesion.

Highlighted

I had an S8+ for 7 months and it was a great phone, however cant say the same for the S9+ which I have had for less than a month. The battery does not last for 12 hours whitout even using it frequently and set for medium battery use. I reqularly reset the settings but its still no good, noticed that this phone runs a lot warmer than the S8+ 

Great camera though. Sad that Samsung cant get their phones working a 100% before releasing it 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Does anyone have a link to a good 'how to' on the disablement of unneeded built-in apps and services? While some like Bixby et al. I don't. I'd rather save the energy these apps consume, but how do I disable them?

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same thing. No GPS, Bluetooth or any special features are turned on and yet I have to charge my S9+ half way through the day.  I really love the first Samsung-phone I own but this is a big disappointment. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
I had issues with the battery on my 9 plus for the first few days, however after a few full charging cycles thing got much better.
Coming from an iphone 7, my new galaxy s9 plus has fantastic battery life. I use my phone all day long as well as the evening and go to sleep with about 30-40% remaining.
I'm not a gamer, however I spend tons of time watching YouTube videos. In my opinion battery life is very good to great for my needs.
Highlighted
First Poster

My s9 (not plus) has been the same, although if I charge it overnight and take it off in the morning, I use it for 5 minutes  and it's pretty much down to 50% within 20 minutes. I dont have fb or any of those apps on my phone, most I have is spotify, and a few others, all optimised to 100%, I'm ready to take it back to optus because its frustrating have to charge my phone twice a day to keep it on. 

Top Liked Authors