Support

Open search

S9+ Poor Battery Life

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi,

Today I got an official update for my S9 btu.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Seems much better following the update? Light usage of my phone for the last 7 hours and had my smart watch connected and still got 81% (been in medium power saver mode). So I'll stop complaining if it has battery life like this 👍😁 

Highlighted

My girlfriend and I got the S9+ at the same time.

Her battery was dropping rapidly with little use for days where as mine on heavy use was dropping at a reasonable pace.

So I started messing around with her phone and I noticed that apps were not being put to sleep by default as they were on mine.

Once I enabled this on her phone, her battery life is greatly improved and on par with my own.

Highlighted
First Poster

From yesterday only wireless charging is working. Fast wireless charging is not working on s9 (not plus).

Highlighted
First Poster
I've just updated from oreo beta on S8 plus and the battery is amazing even compared to my iPhone 7 plus.
New phone, so may take a while to sort out.
Highlighted
First Poster
Same as mine. I was using the s7 and it lasted some much longer on similar settings
Highlighted
First Poster

Quick update: 

Samsung told me to factory reset, so I did. It made no difference over the next couple of days afterwards so I rang them back up and they offered a replacement phone. I said no and returned it for a full refund. Got myself an iPhone X instead. It really is such a shame! In hindsight it looks like the issue must be with the operating system - Oreo.

Various people have said that their battery life is much better since the recent update released, mine was a pre release model s9 (not the plus) and I just wasn’t patient enough for the patch. The s9 really is a georgeous phone! I’ve never experienced a screen like it! 

Highlighted
First Poster

I'm in exactly the same boat with my first ever Samsung (S9+) - after coming from an iPhone after 10 years.

I've had it a week now, and I've found the battery life thus far to be shocking.

Once fully charged, I then unplug my phone at 100% and within a minute of basic internet browsing it's at 99%. Within 10 minutes my phone is, without fail, down to 93%. What I have found also, is that if I unplug it at 100% at the end of the day and go to bed, it's always around 85% when I wake up. Then, by the time I leave for work around 11:00 every morning the battery is around the 50% - 60% mark.

Again, this is doing very basic things - browsing a few websites, checking a couple of emails and having a quick butcher's on Facebook and Instagram. I hate to think what would happen to the battery if I actually did something remotely strenuous - like watch a few videos on YouTube or stream some songs.

At present I'm having to charge my S9+ at least two times a day - because by the time I've got to work and browsed a few more sites the battery is well into the lower 20% region.

I've tried all the battery-saving tips - like limiting the AOD, I have my screen set at FHD+ and have all my apps sleeping most of the time but still my battery drops at a rate of knots. The only thing I believe has helped somewhat, is turning off the Infinity wallpaper.

Does this battery drain sound about right for my usage described, are others experiencing similar, or should I be contacting Samsung directly to voice my concerns?

Cheers!

Highlighted
Apprentice

I've had exactly the same battery drain problems with the s9+ (dual sim). I have had to charge the phone twice a day with very little use. I have contacted the customer service team and have decided to return the phone for a refund. Its a shame as it is really good phone, just needs the issues sorted out with it. Think I'll stick with the Sony Mobile Phones. 

Highlighted
First Poster

i have done the recent oreo update and the battery is still draining with average usage during the day. this should not be happening on a new phone and my s7 had a better battery life than this.

I have limited apps working in the background, cleared cache, stopped push notifications on emails and still having problems 

Is anyone else still having problems? Anyone got any suggestions?

Top Liked Authors