Support

Open search

S9+ Poor Battery Life

Apprentice

Got my S9+ today and I can watch the percentage battery life drop as I setup the phone spent maybe half an hour on it in total and it was down to 80% and thats with bluetue turned off.   Just having the always on display on is enough to drop it a few percent over an hour.   Given the rate of drop can't see it lasting more than half a day on normal usage not sure you would get an hour if you did something really intensive such as watching a video.

Anyone else experiencing such a poor battery performance?

50 REPLIES 50
First Poster

Hi there.

I recommend disabling location services from the pull down menu at the top and reducing the brightness as well as choosing a plain wallpaper instead of a dynamic one

Apprentice

Same!

Even in moderate power saver mode this morning, I used mine to check Facebook and Sky Sport app for about 20mins and was down from 100% to 91%.

That's also having all background apps shutdown etc via the optimizer.

Not looking good!

(Mines S9 not the +)

First Poster

Do you think its relate to Android Oreo?

Apprentice
Possibly. I'm hoping there will be a software update once they realise what might be draining it? I've just switched from Apple after 10 years but been told by a lot of S8 users that their battery lasts much longer.
First Poster

Identicle to me - horrendous battery life... 

Not sure what is going on, was told that the battery life on the s8 was good and the s9 would be at least equal to it. I have just moved from my iphone 6s apple device and my s9 battery life is much worse!! Took it off the charge at 6 am this morning and after checking a few messages at work (facebook, whatsapp, textra, bbc sport & news) and 1h 57 screen usage I am down to 38% at 3:40pm. No videos or anything, nothing intensive at all. Rang up samsung for support and they have told me to factory reset... Will see if this helps! 

If this doesn't help I am going to have to return it... such a shame because its such a georgous device and screen.

WQHD+ setting is only one I have changed, everything else is default, using auto brightness.

mines the s9 (not the + model)

Apprentice

I have not got my battery down to that sort of level but then again I have only used it for about half the time you have.  Let me know how you get on with the factory reset.  Still my 3 year old iphone 6 has a better battery life and I use that alot for work.  I am going to give support a call tomorrow so would be great to know if a factory reset has helped although can't imagine why it would.   I have just move across from an iphone as was expecting a similar battery performance from the limited hands on reviews, but it is not coming close.  Dread to think what the battery life will be after 12 months when you normally start to see a drop in performance.

Explorer

Hi

You've got to remember that the battery is new. Let it drain a few times and I'm sure you'll start to see the diference after a few charging/ discharging cycles.

First Poster

Hi

Even my s9 (not+) doesn't seem to have a good battery .

The battery drops so fast without doing any intensive job.

Highlighted
Explorer

My friend with s9 has bad battery life aswell, I wonder if there is a bigger issue with battery life. My s9+ is ok but thought it be better even with the battery saving on it 

Top Liked Authors