Support

Open search

S9 Plus Mobile HDR not enabled & Black crush

Navigator

New software rolling out and I can confirm the black crush is FIXED!!!! Used the HOW WE FIRST MET TRAILER ON YOUTUBE.Screenshot_20180523-092755_Software update.jpg

Explorer
I'll check to see if it's available where I am (UK). I was checking for updates yesterday but there wasn't anything available.

I'll also test it out and provide my feedback here for the black crush and HDR playback.
Explorer
Hi mate. At the moment im So busy and cant test anything.i just instaled the latest update.and can't tell you if its works for me . but please let me know if this helps with the black crush and if there is any changes in hdr streaming.Have a nice one
Explorer

Screenshot_20180523-174632_Software update.jpg

Hi all,

So I've just installed the update. HDR playback via the native video player is fixed. However, playing HDR videos on YouTube has it flashing every other second. Might be a YouTube thing and may need an update itself.

The black crush issue is definitely better than it was. But I'd also like more people to voice their opinions as I think it is better but some videos still have a slight colour gradient issue. However that could be just me.. also this might be the best we will get. I am satisfied with this, although would need everyone who's chipped in to this post to verify how well they've received the update. I want to be able to make this my daily driver again and this update had finally helped do that. 

I also watched the Avengers Infinity War trailer. The part where Spider-Man and Dr Strange do their introductions and didn't notice black crush in that scene. Please use your reference videos and see if there is a difference.

As I don't have my S8 anymore I can't really post comparisons like before. But I can post photos if you'd want me to compare to a video you're using as reference or trouble identifying black crush.

Riyaz

Explorer
Where are you guys located and what carrier. Uk exynos on BT here with no update as yet but crossing all fingers and toes for some improvement at least.
Explorer

@Zandíí wrote:
Where are you guys located and what carrier. Uk exynos on BT here with no update as yet but crossing all fingers and toes for some improvement at least.

In the UK too. S9+ (128gb) is unlocked and have an EE sim.

Explorer
Hi mate.im in uk located with sam galaxy s 9plus device with an internationally unlocked device on three pay monthly plan.i recive the uodate this morning.you should check software update soon maybe 2 days differences.stay tuned mate
Explorer

Any more updates?? Is it actually just a software fix? If so then surely all S9 Plus units are affected?

Explorer
Got my update after checking on smart switch, it seems to have improved but not 100% imo
First Poster

I've had 'black crush' problem as well on my S9+. Can confirm that last software update have got it fixed by 85% I'd say.

Top Liked Authors