Support

Open search

S9 One UI/Android Pie

One Ui is pretty good!

The commands are better and easier.

I absolutely love the new look and the new night mode! Full screen gestures are fantastic and I really find them useful.

So far so good but, I really do see some serious performance issues on my Galaxy S9... For example the screen takes time to turn off when I press the power button.

Also the fingerprint scanner is slightly slower and sometimes the lock screen flickers when I turn the screen on with hard touch or power button. It's a little dissapointing... The battery life has improved a lot and RAM managment is better! Also I see a lot of lag in the One UI update and I hope you fix it. When I use the new full screen gestures I don't find them as smooth as they should be. Anyway I love Samsung and I will never give up on it! Peace!

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM Moderator

Many thanks for the feedback, @Endri_C! We'll be sure to pass this on for you.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Endri_C

When I update my phone if it then lags or glitches still from a week on and from a soft reboot by turning it Off and On then I choose to clear the system files cache files first by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache. No info is lost this way.

If it still glitches then back up then remove the Sd card and factory reset as a very last resort.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

I live in Italy and I still don't have the new PIE version on my Samsung galaxy s9... is it normal?

Superuser I
Superuser I

It's still being rolled out so Yes it's normal @Lorenzo1709 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

I updated my note 8 to android pie.  The Samsungs one UI.

Problems 

1.phone dialer takes longer to open.

2.laggy

3. Switching to night mode takes time.

Observer

My S8+ updated yesterday, all good apart from the fingerprint sensor no longer works. All suggested fixes like wiping cache partition etc have not worked. Major issue. Anyone else getting this?

Highlighted
First Poster

After upgrading to One UI my S9 (SM-G960U1) drains battery and constantly lags, even when scrolling Settings menu there is a constant jitter.

Top Liked Authors