Support

Open search

S9 Message notifications still make sound when phone on vibrate

First Poster

When I set my S9 to vibrate or mute I still get sound notifications from my messages. With my S6 and S7 when I turned off my phone sounds it applied to all sounds, is there a setting for this or is the feature gone?

62 REPLIES 62
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Tonia24

Is this with the the stock messaging app? 

:womanhappy:

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

First Poster
Yes, I've only had the phone for about a month and have only used the stock messenges.
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Tonia24

To troubleshoot the issue please open the Messaging app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Settings > Notifications > General Notifications > Sound > Silent > Vibrate > On.

I am having the same issue on my S8+, phone set to vibrate but intermittently making a sound on default Samsung sms app and WhatsApp.

It's very frustrating as I can't take my phone into meetings.

My friend has the same phone, the settings are The same and he doesn't have the same issue.

I have tried a factory reset, and took the phone to a Samsung shop, they checked it over and couldn't see an issue, they did a reset via their computer but I still have the issue. 

First Poster

This youtube video fixed my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9EXeCnvsQ4

Go to: Settings> Accessibility> Notification Reminder > Slide to Off

It keeps reminding us we have unread notifications!! Very annoying, I realize I am ignoring people. 

First Poster

None of these options worked for me and I'm ready to throw this thing against the wall. 

First Poster

I have an S7 and this same issue has just started for me probably in the last week or so, very frustrating!

Happens with both the stock applications(SMS) and third-party applications(WhatsApp, Snapchat, etc)

First Poster

I have an S8 and started in the last week for me as well. The only thing that has changed that may be the culprit is looking like a update to Samsung One UI. My boyfriend is having the same problem on his and he has a Galaxy S10+. He started noticing the issue in the last week as well

Same thing here, started a couple of days ago on my s9+.

Checked the settings in WhatsApp and those all seem as they should be.... 

Top Liked Authors