Support

Open search

S9+ Camera super slow mo crash

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi. Just got my S9+. With the default camera app, swiping left to select super slow mo causes the app to crash.

Any ideas to fix appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

I fixed it. Completely. I took out the Lexar  633x class 10 64Gb card and it now works fine 

4 REPLIES 4
Apprentice

Cleart the data and the cache and rebooted as suggested. I can select super slow mo but the view now freezes out fo focus instead#. I can switch between the different shoot methods but the frozen view doesn't change. I also now cannot clear cache (I tried again, pressing the button results in no change) and trying to clear the data results in the button changing to "recalculating size" and getting stuck like that. And I also now can't use Samsung Members app on the phone as it launches, freezes, and the OS says it is not responding and I can only end the app.
Hence I found my way here via the web

Apprentice

Just received the update. I retried Camera and super slo mo did nt work, crashing the app. I cleared the cached and data and rstarted the phone, and super slo mo worked! At least the view findeer was working. So I checked the other shooting modes and the view finder froze on some. Now super slo mo crashes the app again. Clearing the data/cache and restarting the phone doesnt fix it. 

I'll try a few more times but again I now cant clear the cache and attemptoinig to clear the data results in the button changing to "recalculcating size". I.e. I'm getting different results frpom the phone when I try these things although all still similar to the previous problems

Apprentice

I fixed it. Completely. I took out the Lexar  633x class 10 64Gb card and it now works fine 

AntS Moderator

Thanks @SkyUk! Some nice testing there. :robothappy:

For folks looking for the later ongoing discussion about S9|S9+ and SD Card issues, please check out this thread.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors