Support

Open search

S9 Beep while charging

Brand new s9, wakes me up while charging usually around midnight. Im assuming its telling me it's full charge but it won't stop unless I unplug the charger.   This is very annoying, making me wish I would have went with a different phone.   I haven't tried do not disturb because my job may need to reach me in the middle of the night.   I have tried to disable most sound  notifications but to no avail.   Any help?

Otherwise I'm headed back to Verizon to get a different phone.   

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

It started for me with the last update a couple of days ago.  I have spent hours trying to find a solution and there's none i can find.  From my searches it seems that this has been a recurring problem since at least 2010, so I'm not hopeful of a fix from them.

What also narks me is that whatever is triggering the sound resets the notifications and system volume settings to max when I set them to less than max, so I can't even turn the volume down.  Even if I mute the phone it turns it back up to max and it means I can't even take it into meetings.

I also hate the new UI they pushed on me with that update, I can live with that but the beeping is driving me insane.

eta:  I finally worked out what was doing it - it's an IFTTT service that unmutes my phone when I return home - by the look of it the max charge is triggering it and so everything is being reset.

Highlighted

Have you tried changing the charger? My phone kept doing it until I decided to change it and it started working again. The noises are the sound it makes of it losing charge and regaining charge. I have an s9+.

First Poster
Have you tried Settings/Sounds and vibration/System sounds and vibration and then toggle off Charging sound.
Explorer

The only setting I've found that can turn on or off the battery fully charged notification sound is in settings/apps/show system apps/system UI/notifications. Even though the battery full notification settings is greyed out I can tap on it and change the notification style to silent,sound or silent and minimized. It was set originally as silent and I changed it to sound so I would hear the battery fully charged notification when I'm working on other things nearby.

CLF1

Top Liked Authors