Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ not supported???

(Topic created on: 09-04-2019 03:22 PM)
dtreat61
First Poster
Options

Hello people. Was gonna jump on the Pie update and how horrendously it screwed up my phone, which was dialed in just fine, loved it. Guess I should have looked a little more closely at what it was all about. Thought it would be a simple update, you know, like the ones you're SUPPOSED to do. But then I started trying to be in the correct part of the site, the one for Galaxy 8 series phones, because I have an 8+. AND THERE'S NO SUPPORT FOR 8+ phones?!?! Lol hahaHAHAUAAa

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
mmeduplenne
Apprentice
Options

Are you looking for a dedicated S8+ forum on this website? because me too.. have a question for PIE update since weeks, couldn't find anything that helps.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

Issues are probably the same as the S9, I noticed looking on the S10 forum they're having more or less the same as the S9 users. 

Be as well just posting in here I reckon 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

We started dedicated smartphone range forums here on the UK/European Community from when the S9 range was launched; with stuff like the S8 still being covered in the general Smartphones forum

But the issues with One UI/Pie being reported do appear to be very similar across the product ranges it's on so far (as Enjay correctly pointed out there).

@mmeduplenne : I'm intrigued about your Pie query. 

0 Likes
mmeduplenne
Apprentice
Options

I noticed after Pie upgrade i could turn on the screen just by swiping up (from the bottom of the screen) when the screen is off (My Smart Lock is ON). I quickly thought that i could brag to my husband (an iPhone user) that i could do what he could on his iphone; on my Galaxy. I was sooo excited and keep swiping up at home the whole day (i use my phone A LOT at home).

Then after few days it didn't work anymore. 

Did something changed or was it just me hallucinating? 😂 

One more thing, today i could not receive a short video message (MMS) on Message, i only received a text "Video attachment(s) deleted from the message to adapt to your device capabilities" Tried it for 3 times i keep receiving the same text instead of the video. I tried to send the sender a photo and it worked.

What happened???!!! 20190416_010646.jpg

0 Likes
mmeduplenne
Apprentice
Options

@AntS ..... ?

so.... ? What happened with the MMS settings? 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @mmeduplenne. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you! 

That MMS "device capabilities" message is referring to the file size restriction set by your data allowance. That's usually a network thing, but you can check the phone settings for any data restrictions that might be set in there too:

• Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Data Saver Off
  • Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Billing cycle and data warning, and check your data limit settings.
  • Messages > 3 dots > Settings > More settings > Multimedia Messages > Set Restrictions > 'Warning' or 'Free'

(Just be careful: changing these settings may affect how much you’re charged by your network.)

I wasn't able to replicate the same turning on the screen by just swiping up as you had; but I've asked our software team about it for you.

AntS
Options

@mmeduplenne, Our software team suggested the screen turn on by swiping up (even with Smart Lock on) likely has something to do with the Smart Lock 'Trusted Places' settings on your phone. There's an article giving troubleshooting steps on the Smart Lock 'Trusted Places' feature here, but the Good Lock 2019 app (available in the Galaxy Store) also has the option.

mmeduplenne
Apprentice
Options

Hello @AntS 

Thank you so much for your help! 

I still use my Galaxy S8+ until now and i have a Galaxy S20 FE too..a life saver! I have been waiting for non-curved screen since the S8+ (not a fan of it 😂

Keep up the good work and help people..you guys are amazing!