Support

Open search

Revert the One UI Update

Explorer

That number on my phone is 5 ! Knowing my luck  that number is probably the worst! Hahahaha I genuinely started hating this phone from the bottom of my soul! I have a feeling I'm going to fix it soon with a hammer!!!!!!!!

Voyager

I'm 99% sure you'd need to root it to go back to oreo now, lucky for me I rolled back ages ago when it was still possible without root. 

Love my phone lol! 

First Poster

It was GG for me after all, i just decided to sell this trash on ebay and i bought two Redmi Note 7 128/4

They are so much better than my s9+

S9+ is literally garbage, 2hours sot, non stop lagging, overheating and reducing brightness to 50%.... No thx sammy Get your sh*t right then sell phones ))

Voyager

It's operating system glitches, my S9 runs sweet on oreo, 4-5 hours sot and that's with the smaller battery. Love the phone, just not keen on the one UI stuff. 

Explorer

@Enjay wrote:

I'm 99% sure you'd need to root it to go back to oreo now, lucky for me I rolled back ages ago when it was still possible without root. 

Love my phone lol! 

Because I purchased my phone in the US I can't even root the phone!!!

Bwahahahahaha this is just hilarious!

Waaaaaay over the line!

- First they stole my PRO mode!

- Second then blocked all 3rd party apps to access camera features,

- Third they blocked possibly to downgrade to Oreo

- Fourth they don't allow rooting either. 

- Fifth they totally ignore our  complaints!

It looks like Samsung is actually a North Korean company! Although I don't believe that even North Koreans would be this much arrogant. 

Samsung, you want to spite with your customers who are filling your bank account? Great job!

Navigator

@Enjay wrote:

20190522_044326.jpg

If that number is a 1 or a 2 you can flash oreo back officially but if it's higher you'll have to root the phone to go back. Check out the xda developers site, also worth googling pie to oreo, how to root etc.

My advice is to read as much as you can first before doing anything. 

My build number is PPR1.180610.011.G960FXXU4CSE3

Does that mean I am stuffed and also can not roll back again?

Voyager

You can't go back without rooting, and if your phone is a snap Dragon variant it sounds like you can't root it either! 

Google that G960FXXU4CSE3 and what it all means, that's what I did. I did it to figure out which version of oreo I needed. Found some good explanations of the whole thing. 

I don't know if this is a one hi thing, or something else, but I'll mention it.

The quick settings on my S8 is, at this point, completely unusable.  Chanflging button order doesn't change button order. Buttons which used to he there (flashlight, enable/disable WiFi, etc) don't exist and apparently can't be added back in, etc .

How does one reset this back to its previously usable state? Or am I stuck with the current state of pointless annoyance and frustration?

Voyager

@kbjarnason wrote:

I don't know if this is a one hi thing, or something else, but I'll mention it.

The quick settings on my S8 is, at this point, completely unusable.  Chanflging button order doesn't change button order. Buttons which used to he there (flashlight, enable/disable WiFi, etc) don't exist and apparently can't be added back in, etc .

How does one reset this back to its previously usable state? Or am I stuck with the current state of pointless annoyance and frustration?

I don't think that's one ui as such, you might need to do a factory reset. I've found after a big update that seems to help, like a fresh install on a pc. 

When I was running pie all that stuff worked fine for me personally but when pie arrived I did a factory reset. 

You need to back up everything you want to keep, pics etc 

Top Liked Authors