Support

Open search

Revert the One UI Update

This is the ugliest design ever. Please get the previous one re-installed, Samsung. How can you do this?

Apprentice

Agreed, One UI is the worst ever.

First Poster

I really valued the ability to view currently open apps as a list. This feature is gone with the new update. Please allow people to opt out or install the previous OS version. This was one of the main things I liked about the phone and now its gone... very disappointing. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Peterrabbit wrote:

I really valued the ability to view currently open apps as a list. This feature is gone with the new update. Please allow people to opt out or install the previous OS version. This was one of the main things I liked about the phone and now its gone... very disappointing. 

Definitely agree.

Perhaps send your feedback via the Samsung Members app / Samsung + app too to get this home to the relevant Department too as I have done. 

Listen to us please Samsung.   

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

I apologise for replying to your forum feed, but I can see no way to add my question in a "normal" way. Is it possible to revert to the previous UI, at least until the bugs are sorted out in thie new one. I "upgraded" to this one UI on an S9 two days ago. Issue I have at the moment. 1. Clock - How do you create a new alarm, the plus is gone and I can see no logical way to add an alarm. 2. Mail - I could previously chose which email account to view, now I have INBOX, whichever the S9 opts or ALL INBOXES, (which does not seem to work anyway).

I only recently purchased this S9 (Christmas) and now getting close to saying either GIVE ME A NEW PHONE or saying WARRANTY BE DAMNED, IF SAMSUNG CAN SCREW IT UP LIKE THIS, WHAT WOULD THEY DO WITH WARRANTY?

First Poster
I dislike the fact that I cannot override the screen timeout when I'm listening to the radio or a podcast. I dislike the updated calendar. I dislike the updated phone, especially the way "recent," "contacts," etc. are listed at the bottom of the screen. I dislike the manner in which my gallery photos are organized. I dislike pretty much everything about the most recent update and would undo it if I could.
Superuser I
Superuser I

The official stance from Samsung is in this thread @Llij 

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/Is-there-a-way-to-disable-One-UI/m-p/954981#M13047

My advice is to send your feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + App.

This then goes to the relevant Department.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

I have a Galaxy S8+ that updated its self a couple of days ago and I'm now stuck with a phone that feels like its struggling just to run this stupid bloody update :(

Android/Samsung-  YOUR *****ING UP MY PERFECTLY GOOD PHONE - WE WANT THE OPTION TO ROLL BACK TO A PREVIOUS UI & FIRMWARE.

I want my old firmware and UI back, the whole new look sucks, not only does it look like a childs designed it it has dramatically reduce the performance of my phone.

The new home screen is laggy as hell and when scrolling through the tabs the bloody phone freezes for a second or so.

If the tabs are left open while the phone is on sleep the phone freezes until it can sort out all the ***** that's now got to be displayed.

While using the phone you can no longer close a single tab at a time so your left with unnecessary tabs open unless you close all of them? 

WTF was Samsung thinking if they consider this an update/ upgrade?

Explorer

Hmmmm...is there anything I'm having trouble with in this new software? Let me think for a minute....Oh, that's right - Samsung COMPLETELY RUINED the excellent camera functionality. Being able to take a photo or video from one mode was brilliant. Totally loved that feature. Now with the seperate video mode it's just another iPhone wannabe. Not to mention the look of it overall just screams "we hired a bunch of ex-iOS developers for the latest update". Seems Samsung just wants to be Apple. Don't know why. So sad...

First Poster
I absolutely hate everything too. From the new colours to the Navigation bar icons. It's all so ugly and iphoney!
Top Liked Authors