Support

Open search

Revert the One UI Update

Highlighted
SOLVED

Just got my S9+ today, was updating and then got the UI update, i am not a fan of it and I cannot find any ways of reverting back at all. Smart switch does not do anthing either. Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TracyR Moderator

You wouldn't be able to revert back to a previous version of Android, @nmadic, it's not possible to do this. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

48 REPLIES 48
TracyR Moderator

You wouldn't be able to revert back to a previous version of Android, @nmadic, it's not possible to do this. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Thank you, im getting on fine with it now, after customising this further.
First Poster
So I cant go back to the old look even if I root it? I seriously hate this new UI
Voyager

Rooting your phone would void the warranty @Billal1, so I wouldn't advise doing this! Feedback is always welcome though, what you do dislike? Is there anything you're having trouble with? 

samos.png

First Poster

I can tell you what i dislike, every single piece of this menu, too sweet for eyes, bottom fast buttons are pain in a**, whole menu, how can you take away so many options? Previous one was clear and and nicely organised when the new one is sooooo bad... i bet samsung could  not get any worse idea than that

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Billal1 

Rolling back your firmware can be achieved but has to be done with great care and some knowledge which can be learned by a Google Search.

Xdadevelopers is a good site to check out.

You shouldn't need to root your phone thus potentially void any remaining warranty.

Rolling back firmware is performed solely at the owners discretion.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Just Browsing
Me too, I hate it can Samsung get rid of this new update and bring back the old version, can someone tell me how to split screen app like the previous version thanks if not Samsung you'll need to bring that back, it was convenient to me when using my map app and YouTube app, I ain't happy with this new version hate it
TracyR Moderator

@Suddin - To Split Screen head over to your recent apps, then press and hold on the app icon and select 'Open in split screen view'. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

First Poster

Is there any other way to get samsung experience UI again? I looked into it and it seems like quite a long process. Granted, I probably will do it if its the only way.

Top Liked Authors