Support

Open search

Revert the One UI Update

Recent Apps used to go from top to bottom, making full use of the screen shape. This meant you could see several apps at once and tap on the one you wanted. Now they go left to right, meaning you can only see one or two apps, and leaving loads of unused space at the top and bottom. This has made switching between apps much more awkward and slow. 

Observer

Getting the same lagging /freezing issue on my Note 8, even after a couple restarts. I agree, hate the new UI but loved the previous one, I want it back!! I am using Nova and lots of custom settings and it is still driving me crazy. There is a reason why I hate the iOS UI, and now Samsung has turned my phone into an iPhone!! Whhyyy. I know it's supposed to be "easier" to use but now everything is so big my eyes get confused and I don't know where anything is. I am a quick study with new UIs and devices but I can't get used to this, it's just aweful. They really need to give us the option to revert back, or at least the ability to customize the default appearance of more of their system stuff. 

Explorer

Why everybody says that is not possible to go back to Oreo? I did that on my s8 with the help of this video and it was a piece of cake

https://youtu.be/oO3bG_h_TJg

Back up everything first it does a full erase! I use the smart switch from samsung.

Explorer

You could try good lock app from samsung that has task changer app that give many different options for recent apps check:

https://youtu.be/HFIk0m36OcU

Highlighted
Back for More

Totally agree. Until now I thought Samsung was original. Now it really looks as if there i sno innovation and just an Apple-wannabe. Silly!

The icons??? They look like Telletuby icons - who is this supposed to appeal to? - a todler or primary school girl?

Wasting almost half the screen to tell me I am looking at "Settings" - duh! I know that is why I clicked on it!!!

Using 1/3 of the screen to tell me my alarm in in xx hours. And only showing 3 alarms? Previously I could see all my alarms at one glance.  Do you think the developers developed eye-sight problems?

Samsung: You turned adult professional phones into todler toys. Bad bd bad move!

I wish I could revert back...  (I compares an S5, S6, S8 yesterday and Samsung seem to have moved from professionally looking well designed, well balanced icons to a kindergarten toy.)

Explorer

You can revert back read above

Explorer
It IS possible to revert back to a previous version. Samsung just don't want us to know that!!
Explorer
If rooting the device is the only way, because Samsung are shirking their responsibility, then rooting it is!
They don't honour their warranty anyway! If they did, they'd be replacing all our devices because THEY screwed up the Video Pro Mode!
Voyager

@MLHiFi wrote:
If rooting the device is the only way, because Samsung are shirking their responsibility, then rooting it is!
They don't honour their warranty anyway! If they did, they'd be replacing all our devices because THEY screwed up the Video Pro Mode!

You don't need to root it, just install the correct firmware and turn off all the auto update options after. 

Explorer
Yes, I found that out recently but I myself will still not risk it. At least I have a working device at the moment.
Top Liked Authors