Support

Open search

Rear camera unfocused

First Poster

Hi, I have a new S9- about a month old. Cameras worked fine to.begun but in the past two days the rear camera (the one not for.selfies) has become unfocused for objects st a distance. Selfie mode.works fine. Have read a few support articles and tried things like clearing cache and starting in safe mode but problem persists. Any advice?

Frustrated because this is my first Samsung after years of Apple products and had felt positive about it but this has made me doubt the move.

3 REPLIES 3
AntS Moderator

Hi @Thursday123

Guessing this is happening despite using the onscreen zoom/focus etc. 

This happening for all objects at a distance, even non-moving ones? And have you tried a hardware test to check if everything's fine there? *#0*# and select 'Megacam' to go through the test. 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

Thanks for your answer. Yes happening with all objects including moving objects. I have tried  *#0*# but am not really sure what to do with it? It's blurry there as well.

Thanks again,

Bronagh

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@Thursday123 , No worries. 

Things are pointing towards the hardware in this case.

Assuming that you can't see anything that might be obscuring things on the rear lens itself (and that you've given it a decent wipe), then it may be best to get it checked out at your nearest Samsung Support Centre.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors