Support

Open search

Random shutter noise

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi. I've had the s9 for a week and it will randomly make the shutter/screenshot noise multiple times a day. I've turned off the palm swipe. There are no screenshots or photos saved to gallery. Can anyone help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator
Are you noticing any notifications coming through when the issue occurs? You can try going to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Settings > Flash Notification > Screen Flash to see if this option is active. If it is please disable it and see if this resolves your query. Please can you also restart your device in Safe Mode and monitor the performance for a few hours to see if notice an improvement. If you do the please uninstall any recently downloaded apps as the problem is likely to be stemming from a third party source.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the S9 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL Moderator
@Ang6: Have you noticed any of button sticking at all such as the Volume Down and Power buttons, as these 2 buttons pressed together takes a screen shot on the S9. To test the buttons please dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select Sub Keys and press each button in sequence ( Each button press should change the screen a different colour). Do you experience any irregularities during these steps?
Apprentice
Thanks for replying. There were no irregularities doing that. The noise can happen when the phone is not being used, on the table for example. I havnt been able to recreate it. It also just happened now when my finger was hovering over the keyboard . If I turn the system volume off I can still here it.
AndrewL Moderator
Thanks for trying that , @Ang6. If you open your Gallery next time you hear the sound and look under 'Screenshots' can you see any recently captured images?
Apprentice

Hi. No there are no screenshots captured 

AndrewL Moderator
Are you noticing any notifications coming through when the issue occurs? You can try going to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Settings > Flash Notification > Screen Flash to see if this option is active. If it is please disable it and see if this resolves your query. Please can you also restart your device in Safe Mode and monitor the performance for a few hours to see if notice an improvement. If you do the please uninstall any recently downloaded apps as the problem is likely to be stemming from a third party source.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the S9 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
Apprentice
Thank you for your help. New email notifications were set with the shutter sound.
Top Liked Authors